The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mittow
what was albert einstien know for?
science or maths

both but more science ( physics to be precise )
He won the Nobel Prize for the Photoelectric Effect and is also well known to have been involved in the atom bomb development, i'd say science.
What's the point of this thread?

MB
Reply 4
musicboy

MB

thats what i was wondering, and whats the poll for?
Cossack
thats what i was wondering, and whats the poll for?

oh be quiet she/he has been here longer than you, its a question she/he was curious about

arrogant people in today's society
musicboy

MB

ya mittow what is the point ?
Reply 7
DazYaZZZ
oh be quiet she/he has been here longer than you,

what difference does that make

DazYaZZZ
its a question she/he was curious about

arrogant people in today's society

and we were asking for context for the question not saying that it was a stupid question
Cossack
what difference does that make

lots

Cossack
and we were asking for context for the question not saying that it was a stupid question

be more courteous
Reply 9
he is famous for saying that "no matter what difficulties you have in mathematics, I can assure you, mine are more severe". Obviously, he was not an idiot, and indeed a very good mathematician. But is real brilliance came from being able to understand and see beyond the physical world around us. He struggled with complex maths involved in general relativity (and that's why it took him soo long to publish) - so it's hope for all budding physicists out there who don't instantly grasp the complex maths involved in physics today!
Reply 10
It's a shame he didn't win a Nobel prize for relativity.
Reply 11
Absolution
He won the Nobel Prize for the Photoelectric Effect and is also well known to have been involved in the atom bomb development, i'd say science.

He wasnt particularly involved with the atom bomb development..
Reply 12
einstein known for science
energy=change in mass * speed of something in something else
yah that special relativity eq. is godly
Reply 14
he couldnt win the nobel prize for relativity because it was not experimentally deduced. The nobel prize is awarded for experimental work, following Nobel's work with TNT (I believe). So you can't get it for theories - relativity is based upon an unproveable axiom that certain physical laws hold for all people (e.g. speed of light). It is not experimental (unlike photoelectric effect, where he did experiments with light and stuff and deduced the formula and then explained it).
I don't know nearly as much about him as some, but i've always associated him with science.
Reply 16
You need to differentiate between Science and Maths before you can answer the question. Science and Maths cross over to such an extent that it would be more logical to think of maths as a branch of science along with physics, chemistry and biology. Or simarlarly you could think of science as a extension of science.

hmmm.... :smile:
Reply 17
Mittow
what was albert einstien know for?
science or maths

He was best known for his good looks.
Reply 18
yes...he was a total playa....i'm sure his lesser known saying would defnitely have been "Girls Girls Girls"
imasillynarb
He wasnt particularly involved with the atom bomb development..

Erm, yes he was lol.

He wrote to Roosevelt telling him about the Nazis attempt to make a bomb, this then pretty much convinced America to do their own bomb. I don't know how much work he did if any in building the bomb itself maybe that's what your on about.

Latest