Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have a few questions regarding accommodation as I got a conditional offer. Now, I know I can start applying for accommodation from October 2016 and stuff but Sheffield Hallam have said that because my course is starting in March, my contract in halls will end in July which is the same time the people's contracts who started in September ends. What I want to know is: Where do I live from after July due to my contract finishing but my course just only begun...
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Hennajj,

Depending on availability, most Hall providers will let you stay over the summer.

This will either be done by either:

- extending your tenancy
    - or offering you a new short term summer tenancy

You just have to make ensure that you have a room from September 2017 onwards, as this is when all the new students arrive and you could find that the property you live in is sold out already.

When you decide on where you want to stay, ask them about staying over the summer, and if it's possible to have the same room for 2017/2018 (will save you the hassle of moving all your stuff).

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fussed about living over the summer as I'm planning to go home over the summer, I was just wondering if I was able to like stay in the same flat from after September because I don't want to start moving and packing up my things after only 4 months, it's ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    Will it cost more?
    (Original post by Prodigy Living)
    Hi Hennajj,

Depending on availability, most Hall providers will let you stay over the summer.

This will either be done by either:

- extending your tenancy
    - or offering you a new short term summer tenancy

You just have to make ensure that you have a room from September 2017 onwards, as this is when all the new students arrive and you could find that the property you live in is sold out already.

When you decide on where you want to stay, ask them about staying over the summer, and if it's possible to have the same room for 2017/2018 (will save you the hassle of moving all your stuff).

Hope that helps.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Hennajj)
    Will it cost more?
    It would depend on where you live and what they offer Would expect minimal difference in price though. Unfortunately, Fenton House is closed over the summer for refurbishment, otherwise we would be able to provide you with our prices as a starting point.

Go through the list and get in touch with any residence that takes your fancy: https://www.mystudenthalls.com/stude...ory/sheffield/
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Hennajj)
    Hello! I have a few questions regarding accommodation as I got a conditional offer. Now, I know I can start applying for accommodation from October 2016 and stuff but Sheffield Hallam have said that because my course is starting in March, my contract in halls will end in July which is the same time the people's contracts who started in September ends. What I want to know is: Where do I live from after July due to my contract finishing but my course just only begun...
    Hi

Have you spoken to our Accommodation team Hennajj? If not, give them a call on 0114 225 5555 and have a chat to see what they advise.

Hannah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.