The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering: Heriot-watt or Swansea?

I pretty much like both equally overall. As a place to live I definitely prefer the look of Heriot-Watt, but the Swansea facilities are all brand new. The lecturers seemed really good in both places. Heriot-Watt give a £1500 bursary which would cover my accommodation but I'd have to do 4 years (although I'd only be charged for 3). Does anyone have any idea which one might be better since I really can't decide on my own?! Thanks :smile:
Original post by student_999
I pretty much like both equally overall. As a place to live I definitely prefer the look of Heriot-Watt, but the Swansea facilities are all brand new. The lecturers seemed really good in both places. Heriot-Watt give a £1500 bursary which would cover my accommodation but I'd have to do 4 years (although I'd only be charged for 3). Does anyone have any idea which one might be better since I really can't decide on my own?! Thanks :smile:

It's a tough one.

Might be worth looking into whether you'd prefer to live in Edinburgh of Swansea (although I think the Heriot Watt campus is actually on the outskirts of Edinburgh).
Original post by student_999

Hi student_999,

Great to hear that you're considering Heriot-Watt! :banana:

We know that choosing where to study can be a very difficult decision. Let us know if you have any questions about the programme or life in Edinburgh that we can help with!

Carole :flower2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending