Turn on thread page Beta

ucas extra please read!!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone do me a huge favour?
    I want to know if there are any places left for the following course in
    Manchester University - BSc Psychology full time.

However to do this, I did email them, but they never replied back, and also I would need to go through UCAS extra.
    So please those who are going through UCAS extra, could you check on the ucas website, to see if there are any available places left.

Thanx!
    Le gra BlueAngel

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked, there are still places left, you don't need to be going through extra to check you can just go on the UCAS website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    I've just checked, there are still places left, you don't need to be going through extra to check you can just go on the UCAS website.

Thanks for dat, but please could you give me the link to where I can see this, as I cant find it.

ReputationRep:
    if you look up the course you like, unis in extra for that subject have a symbol (was an orange cross last year) next to them

ReputationRep:
    You can't make a link I don't think, the UCAS website's security is the kind where all information has to be resent before presented. But I'll tell you what to do, go to ucas.com, click search course, click 2004, in the top box type psychology, in the university box find manchester and click it, then theres an option box below that where you can choose to display courses in extra, click on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    if you look up the course you like, unis in extra for that subject have a symbol (was an orange cross last year) next to them

Yeah I know dat, they have a + symbol and my course does. But It doesnt tell me, how many places are left. Thnaks anyway. Shane would be proud of you, lol, sorry just teasing you.

ReputationRep:
    it's a gray cross this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Yeah I know dat, they have a + symbol and my course does. But It doesnt tell me, how many places are left. Thnaks anyway. Shane would be proud of you, lol, sorry just teasing you.
    I'm not aware that UCAS Extra actually gives you a specific number, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    it's a gray cross this year
    UCAS like to give a bit of variety.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks everyone, yeah I found it, damn Im dumb.
    Anyway no there is no specific number, but as its got a + next to it, does that mean there are definately places left. And if there werent no places left, would they get rid of the + sign????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Ok thanks everyone, yeah I found it, damn Im dumb.
    Anyway no there is no specific number, but as its got a + next to it, does that mean there are definately places left. And if there werent no places left, would they get rid of the + sign????????
    I would think so. Newcastle has places for medicine in extra (I know of someone that got an offer through this route too), but I now notice that they no longer have a cross, so I'm guessing they've made offers and filled their 'spare places'

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.