The Student Room Group

I cry every time I hear, see, or even read about Adolf Hitler

This worries me because I'm going to be studying Hitler in great detail for history next year so I can't cry every lesson. I'm a guy too.

We watched a film and Hitler appeared, I had to leave the room. Another time it was about the Holocaust and I had tears in my eyes and everyone was asking if I was ok. We watched one of his speeches and I almost cried again.
I had to go to the bathroom to cry in the Holocaust Museum in DC.

I don't know why. I don't know of anyonr specifically that I'm related to who died because of the Nazi Party.
But I thinj it's because I know. I know that if I'd been in Germany during the time, they'd have wanted me dead on two accounts;
Having Jewish Blood.
Being Gay.

My Great Grandfather was an American Jew who fought during World War 2.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
This worries me because I'm going to be studying Hitler in great detail for history next year so I can't cry every lesson. I'm a guy too.

We watched a film and Hitler appeared, I had to leave the room. Another time it was about the Holocaust and I had tears in my eyes and everyone was asking if I was ok. We watched one of his speeches and I almost cried again.
I had to go to the bathroom to cry in the Holocaust Museum in DC.

I don't know why. I don't know of anyonr specifically that I'm related to who died because of the Nazi Party.
But I thinj it's because I know. I know that if I'd been in Germany during the time, they'd have wanted me dead on two accounts;
Having Jewish Blood.
Being Gay.

My Great Grandfather was an American Jew who fought during World War 2.

You may benefit from discussing it with a counselor or something to try to work past it (counseing will probably be offered by your school). You could also talk to your teacher about it.
Sounds like because of your being jewish and gay you feel connected to it and it makes you think of how you could be treated in a harsh way yourself. You may have some sort of underlying sensitivities about them too (I know a lot of people have difficulties emotionally relating to sexuality and religion) which makes you more emotional about it.
Working through your feelings would be the best way to control them, but it may take some time and if you're learning about the holocaust a lot you could find that very difficult. You could possibly talk to your teacher about studying by yourself while your class is learning about that?
If you're crying because of the horrendous nature of what happened and just over the fact that it did and then thinking of who you are and how you wouldn't have been 'right' in his eyes. As a young man who's coming to terms with who he is, it makes sense that emotions would be high when you think about it all! It's actually quite nice that you feel strongly even if it's uncomfortable and maybe embarrassing it just shows you're a sensitive person that cares and that's an asset :smile: don't worry nothing weird about it :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Please keep this thread polite, on topic and constructive in helping the OP. Insults and religious/racial hatred will not be tolerated.

OP, sorry I don't have anything useful to add but I will keep an eye on this now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest