The Student Room Group

Literally had to beg for him back

Scroll to see replies

I would never ever ever ever ever beg someone to be with me. Not in a million years!!!!!! Pick yourself up and run!!
Never in your life beg for anyone. Never ever ever like just dont. I swear to you the right people will come your way. There is a reason he wants to go, he is actually doing it himself and its not like you are pushing him away. He just wants to use you. You will find someone better,
Let him go and stop hurting yourself.
Original post by maggie43
Never in your life beg for anyone. Never ever ever like just dont. I swear to you the right people will come your way. There is a reason he wants to go, he is actually doing it himself and its not like you are pushing him away. He just wants to use you. You will find someone better,
Let him go and stop hurting yourself.

+1 alas good luck with everything and everything will happen when the time is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is incredible to see how women support each other during times of hardship.

If it was a guy, his boys would be like "Dude, stop being a waste" or "Man up!" or "Don't be weak mate." For women, they quickly pull out the tissues and cry together.
I think you need to chill out a bit
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half. We get along really well when we are with each other but when we aren't with each other we always seem to argue about nothing over text. Our relationship hasn't always been easy and we have went through things just like every couple does. I have never threatened to leave or left my partner once. He has done this to me quite a few times. He says that all I seem to do is have a go at him for how much he isn't trying with me.

Sometimes I feel like it's me that puts all the effort in. He barely spends time with me and he barely really even talks to me much. He is constantly with his friends and it's just getting worse as time goes on. He never used to be this bad but recently it's like I have to book him in advance just to see him and he pretty much just does whatever he wants.

I have tried to talk to him about it a million times, and he always says he will listen and do something about it to change his actions then he never does. This leads to me having an argument with him about it almost every day. The problem is that I love this guy and I know he loves me and we do have a good relationship with each other and I do want to be with him as does he.

I just don't know how we can try to make it work???

We talked and talked about all of this the other night and he agreed to make more effort and I said I was stop arguing and it was all fine. Then yesterday, he was talking about how he has to give his bosses 17 year old daughter lifts to work in the morning and this really annoyed me because he doesn't even know her. I trust him with my life but it just annoys me that he agreed to do this. So I kind of kicked off about it and made it clear I wasn't happy. He just said that I need to grow up and learn to trust him after a year and a half and that I don't need to worry, it's just a lift.

So basically, he came round last night and told me he was leaving me. After everything. I didn't know what to do and I thought he was just joking and having a laugh with me. He told me he was serious this time and that I was to cancel the holiday we recently booked which is four months away. He says all I do is bicker and moan at him for everything that he does and he's just not happy anymore.

I literally had to beg for another chance. Telling him that I promised I would be different and I would stop arguing with him over stupid things. He wouldn't budge and I went on and on. Eventually after about an hour and a half of arguing and me crying and trying to persuade him. He said okay fine I'll give it another chance but the minute you try to argue with me about anything, I am done and I won't even talk to you again.

This made me happy. I was glad. We spent the night together. He agreed to still go on holiday with me and said he loved me and he did want to be with me, he's just annoyed about the arguing and doesn't want it to happen. One little comment he did make is that he would still have sex with me even if we didn't go out. That really annoyed me as I was left thinking about why he would even say that.

So I have woke up this morning feeling completely terrible and unhappy. I should be happy that he is giving me another chance right? But I'm just worried.. I feel like I am now going to have to do everything possible to make things change and that he isn't going to bother doing anything that I asked him to do in the first place.

He already is avoiding seeing me the rest of the week even though I've only seen him one night this week. He also said that I'm no longer staying at his house at nights when he had to pick his bosses daughter up in the morning as he doesn't want me to be there as it will just be awkward. Surely it will be more awkward just the two of them when they don't know each other but anyway..

I am stuck between two minds. I love this guy to pieces and I can't imagine a life without him and I don't want to. I know that he is the guy I wanna be with and he can be. I just don't know if I'm being too hot headed all the time and I need to chill out. I always thought it was all his fault but now I'm really starting to think that the arguing is all me and I'm just pushing him further away every time. He says I never used to be like this and that's when he actually did spend time with me and everything.

How do I stop myself being this kinda girl that I also don't want to be..

You need to get out this relationship, he is playing with your feelings. The moment you have to beg someone to stay with you is the moment something is seriously wrong. You deserve much better.
Why would you beg to be with someone like that? Realise that this isn't love, this is a desperate attempt to try and feel again what you felt before.

Find someone better, someone who appreciates you as much as you do them :cute:
Genuinely this is crazy to read, you started off by telling us how he never treats you right etc and you feel like you're always trying to tell him you are upset. Yet by the end you were saying hes so nice for giving YOU another chance, giving you another chance for what?! You didn't do anything but he's making you feel like you have and you should apologise. The only person you need to apologise to is yourself for putting up with the sh*t.

Honestly, screw him - totally bin him off and move on the best you can. It won't be easy I've been there myself and I've watched my friends go through it but realistically you are NOT going to marry this guy. He clearly doesn't worship you enough for you to spend the rest of your life with him. You might not be able to imagine being without him now but believe me you will be just fine and someone new will come along who makes you think you were insane for ever questioning your worth!
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half. We get along really well when we are with each other but when we aren't with each other we always seem to argue about nothing over text. Our relationship hasn't always been easy and we have went through things just like every couple does. I have never threatened to leave or left my partner once. He has done this to me quite a few times. He says that all I seem to do is have a go at him for how much he isn't trying with me.

Sometimes I feel like it's me that puts all the effort in. He barely spends time with me and he barely really even talks to me much. He is constantly with his friends and it's just getting worse as time goes on. He never used to be this bad but recently it's like I have to book him in advance just to see him and he pretty much just does whatever he wants.

I have tried to talk to him about it a million times, and he always says he will listen and do something about it to change his actions then he never does. This leads to me having an argument with him about it almost every day. The problem is that I love this guy and I know he loves me and we do have a good relationship with each other and I do want to be with him as does he.

I just don't know how we can try to make it work???

We talked and talked about all of this the other night and he agreed to make more effort and I said I was stop arguing and it was all fine. Then yesterday, he was talking about how he has to give his bosses 17 year old daughter lifts to work in the morning and this really annoyed me because he doesn't even know her. I trust him with my life but it just annoys me that he agreed to do this. So I kind of kicked off about it and made it clear I wasn't happy. He just said that I need to grow up and learn to trust him after a year and a half and that I don't need to worry, it's just a lift.

So basically, he came round last night and told me he was leaving me. After everything. I didn't know what to do and I thought he was just joking and having a laugh with me. He told me he was serious this time and that I was to cancel the holiday we recently booked which is four months away. He says all I do is bicker and moan at him for everything that he does and he's just not happy anymore.

I literally had to beg for another chance. Telling him that I promised I would be different and I would stop arguing with him over stupid things. He wouldn't budge and I went on and on. Eventually after about an hour and a half of arguing and me crying and trying to persuade him. He said okay fine I'll give it another chance but the minute you try to argue with me about anything, I am done and I won't even talk to you again.

This made me happy. I was glad. We spent the night together. He agreed to still go on holiday with me and said he loved me and he did want to be with me, he's just annoyed about the arguing and doesn't want it to happen. One little comment he did make is that he would still have sex with me even if we didn't go out. That really annoyed me as I was left thinking about why he would even say that.

So I have woke up this morning feeling completely terrible and unhappy. I should be happy that he is giving me another chance right? But I'm just worried.. I feel like I am now going to have to do everything possible to make things change and that he isn't going to bother doing anything that I asked him to do in the first place.

He already is avoiding seeing me the rest of the week even though I've only seen him one night this week. He also said that I'm no longer staying at his house at nights when he had to pick his bosses daughter up in the morning as he doesn't want me to be there as it will just be awkward. Surely it will be more awkward just the two of them when they don't know each other but anyway..

I am stuck between two minds. I love this guy to pieces and I can't imagine a life without him and I don't want to. I know that he is the guy I wanna be with and he can be. I just don't know if I'm being too hot headed all the time and I need to chill out. I always thought it was all his fault but now I'm really starting to think that the arguing is all me and I'm just pushing him further away every time. He says I never used to be like this and that's when he actually did spend time with me and everything.

How do I stop myself being this kinda girl that I also don't want to be..

I can see both sides of this situation, you do complain way too much especially about driving the bosses daughter to work. You shouldn't have had a problem because you should trust him not to do anything even if you don't trust her BUT it is weird how his boss cant drive his own daughter and he's making an employee do it.

HOWEVER you aren't the sole cause of the problem and things wont turn magically better again just because you stop complaining. this guy cant be bothered anymore, you had to beg and cry for an hour and a half and he only gave in because it shut you up.

he even said he would be happy with no relationship and just to be friends with benefits which is what it sounds like hes turning this into now. I have a feeling hes going to turn this whole situation into being able to not see you for days yet not have you nag and only come over to sleep with you because if you complain about it ~(justifiably so) he will just leave you and he knows youre too dependant on him emotionally to do that.

He just doesn't care anymore and hes not right for you, hes a douche bag. you deserve better and I don't think any girlfriend would put up with someone who wants to hide his gf from his bosses daughter or not see them for days on end because hed rather be doing other stuff
Also no point being with someone for the sake of hanging on to them and being in a relationship, I would rather be alone than be with someone who messes around like this, been through it myself it isn't nice.
The fact that you had to beg him to stay wit you is a huge red flag, real love is not about begging but truly being committed.

It seems like your relationship is indirectly over eventhough he insisted on staying with you.

A lot of women are in your situation and find it hard to admit it as a fact.
Reading this I kinda feel like I do deserve better. I'm scared to just let him go because I want to be with him so badly. My previous relationship lasted two years and I loved him so much and still think about him to this day. I know this guy isn't treating me how I should but I'm just too weak to let go.

I understand where you're coming from, really I do. Leaving someone who's taking you for granted is one of the hardest things you will ever do. You're not weak for finding it hard, it took me ages to get over my last serious relationship too, and that ended in one of the worst ways imaginable. When leaving someone you love, you might go through a happy time and think you're over it and then wake up one morning or open your book in class and suddenly be hit with the worst feeling in the world. You could kind of think about it like giving up an addiction. But do you honestly want to be with someone who shows you no respect and doesn't take you seriously?
When you refuse to fall back into his arms like he expects you to, he'll think 'crap, I'm actually losing her!' - and he'll be reminded of who he's got the privilege of going out with. If he doesn't fight to keep you, saying no was still the right option.
This is just one of those painful life lessons, but you're gonna do it, and you'll be stronger for it.
So what happens next time you argue? He leaves you or threatens to leave you? He sounds very manipulative. Couples argue. I think you are being unreasonable about giving his boss' daughter a lift though, maybe you're a bit overly paranoid? Bit of work to be done on both sides it sounds like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending