Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I passed my test in January and have been looking for car insurance since. All the quotes I'm receiving are £2500+ for a 2006 Fiesta... Pretty ridiculous. So I've had a look on here and seen that most are paying less than this. I've used ALL the price comparison websites and can't get any reasonable quotes.

I know London drivers pay higher insurance but are there any new drivers who have paid less? And what insurance provider was this? Please share!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by -Liberty)
    I passed my test in January and have been looking for car insurance since. All the quotes I'm receiving are £2500+ for a 2006 Fiesta... Pretty ridiculous. So I've had a look on here and seen that most are paying less than this. I've used ALL the price comparison websites and can't get any reasonable quotes.

I know London drivers pay higher insurance but are there any new drivers who have paid less? And what insurance provider was this? Please share!!
    It depends, especially because your car is now 10 years old... I've seen a lot of people especially in these forums who receive high quotes... I've honestly found that the best way of finding the best deal is by comparison sites, so if that's the best you're getting on there, I wouldn't know where else to recommend. Check out similar threads in these forums though if you haven't already as others have similar issues of massive insurance!

ReputationRep:
    Look at other insurance companies not on price comparisons such as direct line
    And vary your comparison sites elephant for example is only in go compare I think

Worse comes to worse, insurance brokers

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you get these companies that can offer you less, but I'm not sure if they're legitimate, also try doing pass plus, ive heard that can reduce your quote

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.