The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
BazTheMoney
Don't the M1's row on a different strech of water most of the time, anyway?

they generally make it past the boathouses and on to the proper stretch of river for rowing... if that's what you're getting at... (lower ladies' boats, on the other hand... :rolleyes: )

had a friend who worked john's and trinity this year. personally, i was working at trinity and i can tell you that it was extremely well organized and i was very impressed by it all. the friend said that john's organization was a bit haphazard in comparison... she also worked at emma too, i believe. next year i'm hoping to work at either john's or magdalene, and go to the other one... then i'd have seen the big 4 balls - trin, john's, caius and magdalene (i only consider it big because of the white tie thing... :biggrin: )

Helenia
Cam is smaller than the Isis.

actually, cam is significantly longer, but significantly narrower. therefore you get massive pile ups in michaelmas when novice women spanner across the river. :biggrin:
Reply 181
KHL

actually, cam is significantly longer, but significantly narrower. therefore you get massive pile ups in michaelmas when novice women spanner across the river. :biggrin:

Heh heh, and people wonder why I still haven't decided for sure. :rolleyes: Men's novices, I assume, can do no wrong? :tongue:
Helenia
Heh heh, and people wonder why I still haven't decided for sure. :rolleyes: Men's novices, I assume, can do no wrong? :tongue:
A novice is a novice, whatever sex they are. :tongue: I understand they've got to "learn" somewhere, but couldn't they do it away from everyone else. :rolleyes:
Reply 183
BazTheMoney
A novice is a novice, whatever sex they are. :tongue: I understand they've got to "learn" somewhere, but couldn't they do it away from everyone else. :rolleyes:

Well, if we were in London, where they actually have a river of decent size, and space for more than two boats, then yes, they could. As it is, some inconsiderate fool decided to build the two best universities in the country on very small rivers, clearly not anticipating the frustration this would cause to future generations of boatie nutcases :rolleyes:
Helenia
Well, if we were in London, where they actually have a river of decent size, and space for more than two boats, then yes, they could. As it is, some inconsiderate fool decided to build the two best universities in the country on very small rivers, clearly not anticipating the frustration this would cause to future generations of boatie nutcases :rolleyes:
The Thames isn't the place to teach novices dear, the currents are to strong; you'd be pushed up against a bank within 10 strokes. And both universities are on decent rivers, the Isis isn't to bad really, and LSE isn't that far away from a nice big river. :tongue:
Reply 185
BazTheMoney
The Thames isn't the place to teach novices dear, the currents are to strong; you'd be pushed up against a bank within 10 strokes. And both universities are on decent rivers, the Isis isn't to bad really, and LSE isn't that far away from a nice big river. :tongue:

Don't patronise me, "dear" :mad:

And if LSE is better than Camb, why aren't you going there and leaving us alone? :p:p:tongue:
Reply 186
Are you two having a lovers tiff again :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:
Helenia
Don't patronise me, "dear" :mad:

And if LSE is better than Camb, why aren't you going there and leaving us alone? :p:p:tongue:
Because at LSE I'd probable have to show a hint of independence to survive, and it's quite possible the ugliest "campus" I've ever seen - and I'd need to find private accommodation in London, no thank you. :rolleyes:
BazTheMoney
Because at LSE I'd probable have to show a hint of independence to survive, and it's quite possible the ugliest "campus" I've ever seen - and I'd need to find private accommodation in London, no thank you. :rolleyes:

This tiff is getting somewhat serious now :eek:

Baz why dont you just leave Helenia alone you big bully.
Reply 189
Sorry to interrupt the lovers tiff! :wink: but a good friend has to resit MIMS as he had a few problems this year and not the best of sups for that subject. He had a few financial problems too and tried to do without a computer, his own textbooks etc :frown: He borrowed most of his textbooks from the college library. Could anyone give him some tips on tackling the resit so that he has a better chance to pass?
MentallyIll
This tiff is getting somewhat serious now :eek:

Baz why dont you just leave Helenia alone you big bully.
Sorry, me the bully? Hello! I'm not the one who throws round such accusation of calling the others a "pampered spoiled Mummy's boy". :rolleyes:
Reply 191
medobs
Sorry to interrupt the lovers tiff! :wink: but a good friend has to resit MIMS as he had a few problems this year and not the best of sups for that subject. He had a few financial problems too and tried to do without a computer, his own textbooks etc :frown: He borrowed most of his textbooks from the college library. Could anyone give him some tips on tackling the resit so that he has a better chance to pass?

MEMORIZE bell, STANDART, rubery (if possible), IRVINE, WYLLIE, and bin the rest. gay might be useful, but not quite necessary to pass. that got me through MIMS... hope it helps. i borrowed VVP from a 2nd year medic, but only touched it once or twice in the entire year... totally notes-dependent in easter... so you CAN survive without a textbook.

oh, and if possible, try going to the college lib and sit down and practise a few past year papers... might help.

hey, i've hardly seen you around before medobs... care to introduce yourself?
Reply 192
Helenia

i believe what started this little... lover's whisperings of sweet nothings to each other... is somewhat irrelevant.

why? because whether LSE or Camb is better is entirely irrelevant - as Baz said, LSE has nice rowing water, and Cam is long enough such that rowing chromatography seperates the crews out (usually). both universities accounted for. :biggrin:
... and of course LSE don't row anyway, I believe; Imperial are the big UoL player.
Reply 194
BazTheMoney
Sorry, me the bully? Hello! I'm not the one who throws round such accusation of calling the others a "pampered spoiled Mummy's boy". :rolleyes:

No, but "GET OFF THE WATER AND GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!!!" isn't exactly what you'd call being nice, either. :rolleyes: It works two ways, and I'm not the one making rampant horrendous sexist slurs. :tongue:

KHL
MEMORIZE bell, STANDART, rubery (if possible), IRVINE, WYLLIE, and bin the rest. gay might be useful, but not quite necessary to pass. that got me through MIMS... hope it helps. i borrowed VVP from a 2nd year medic, but only touched it once or twice in the entire year... totally notes-dependent in easter... so you CAN survive without a textbook.

oh, and if possible, try going to the college lib and sit down and practise a few past year papers... might help.

Yep, I'd stick with that. I assume he doesn't have to resit the essay papers, so I'm not so sure that the Wyllie lectures would be essential (managed to write an amazingly shite essay on them, had to make up a few cyclin/cdks when I realised how little I knew :redface:). I used VVP for essays, but again it's not essential for MB revision.

The practice papers are a really really good idea though, if he didn't do them already, there are three in the MIMS course handbook, plus lots of older ones in the libraries (although they may not fit the current course specifications exactly).
Helenia
No, but "GET OFF THE WATER AND GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!!!" isn't exactly what you'd call being nice, either. :rolleyes: It works two ways, and I'm not the one making rampant horrendous sexist slurs. :tongue:
:tongue: You know it's true... and I'm not rampant, unless you ask very nicely. :wink:
Reply 196
BazTheMoney
:tongue: You know it's true... and I'm not rampant, unless you ask very nicely. :wink:

I don't think it's true. I'm not that sexist or elitist. I think I can live without your rampantness, thank you very much :tongue:
Helenia
I don't think it's true. I'm not that sexist or elitist. I think I can live without your rampantness, thank you very much :tongue:
Oh well, you're missing out... :rolleyes:
Reply 198
BazTheMoney
Oh well, you're missing out... :rolleyes:

I only have your word for that and why should I believe it?
Helenia
I only have your word for that and why should I believe it?
Because I'm an Oxonian, not a cheating Tab? :tongue: (yet)

Latest

Trending

Trending