Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    it's your call really... but from what i know of ashwini... she scares me... no clue who sandeep is though...
    I didn't say she doesn't scare me

Plus, maybe the fact that she doesn't row could be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    you know, someone should really set up an undergrad medics' boat club... or maybe have an undergrad addies' boat.

i say we can give the uni boatclubs a run for their money

addies' II for the headship!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    you know, someone should really set up an undergrad medics' boat club... or maybe have an undergrad addies' boat.

I would definitely row for a medics undergrad boat, assuming they would let me.

ReputationRep:
    i think many people would. i wouldn't be surprised if we could put out at least 3 boats in both sexes in a given undergrad year, which would make addies' even bigger than FaT!

but i think that the college BC ruling bodies would get a collective coronary... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    i think many people would. i wouldn't be surprised if we could put out at least 3 boats in both sexes in a given undergrad year, which would make addies' even bigger than FaT!

but i think that the college BC ruling bodies would get a collective coronary... :rolleyes:
    Who better to have around then?

ReputationRep:
    seriously though, i think that a medic undergrad boat would kick ass... i know of quite a few medic boaties, and a significant proportion of these are in the college's first or second boats... just think of all the splashtops you see in lecture theatres... (which, BTW, you'll be able to identify me by - the only Caius medic in our year to own a BC splashtop... which looks suspiciously similar to uni splashtops...)

and then there's people like you and me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    seriously though, i think that a medic undergrad boat would kick ass... i know of quite a few medic boaties, and a significant proportion of these are in the college's first or second boats... just think of all the splashtops you see in lecture theatres... (which, BTW, you'll be able to identify me by - the only Caius medic in our year to own a BC splashtop... which looks suspiciously similar to uni splashtops...)

and then there's people like you and me...
    Well, there's really no point in making the university crew switch between Caius and Light Blue splashtops all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Well, there's really no point in making the university crew switch between Caius and Light Blue splashtops all the time.
    oh come on, it wasn't really THAT bad... we only had 1 blue from this year! (though admittedly that boat was scary... i heard rumours that the average erg was sub 6:10, with one guy a 6:40... as you can tell we don't get to talk to them much.)

catz were pretty stacked too, though all credit to tit hall for almost catching them on the last day. ed's was a joke - 2 blues in M3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)
    oh come on, it wasn't really THAT bad... we only had 1 blue from this year! (though admittedly that boat was scary... i heard rumours that the average erg was sub 6:10, with one guy a 6:40... as you can tell we don't get to talk to them much.)

catz were pretty stacked too, though all credit to tit hall for almost catching them on the last day. ed's was a joke - 2 blues in M3?
    Yeah, I heard Caius weren't the best boat this year, but usually they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KHL)

You realise they have set up our own special thread on the Oxbridge subforum, in an attempt to make us stop hijacking stuff :rolleyes:

But yeah, a university medic boat would be cool. We have an M1 and W1 rower in our year, so I'm sure they'd do it. I'll cheer.

ReputationRep:
    Scientist Acaila: That's right Helenia. Good girl. Spread the word so we can observe the rest of the pack. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    But yeah, a university medic boat would be cool. We have an M1 and W1 rower in our year, so I'm sure they'd do it. I'll cheer.
    Yeah, they could take their place in Division II. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You realise they have set up our own special thread on the Oxbridge subforum, in an attempt to make us stop hijacking stuff :rolleyes:

Had it occurred to them that we may enjoy thread-hijacking?

ReputationRep:
    Of course, we just want to experiment with you

Goodnight everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Of course, we just want to experiment with you

Goodnight everyone
    Night then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Yeah, they could take their place in Division II. :rolleyes:
    Wow, along with your college boat then

I'm sure we could manage better than that.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, along with your college boat then

I'm sure we could manage better than that.
    My college boat is 6th in Division one, I don't know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Lady Margaret is better than that.

ReputationRep:
    Your college at Cambridge, sweetie

And *pah* to LMBC

ReputationRep:
    Your college at Cambridge, sweetie

And *pah* to LMBC
    I'm still an Oxonian, darling.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.