The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Helenia
Is that to say I'm not practical? I haven't had matrons or W3 to look after me all my life, I think I can handle things. :tongue:

I haven't been to Girton either, don't even know anyone from there, but yes, the only real disadvantage seems to be the distance.
You've forgot Nanny and Mummy...
Reply 101
BazTheMoney
You've forgot Nanny and Mummy...

You do have your team all worked out, don't you? *clicks fingers* doesn't work for me :frown:
Helenia
You do have your team all worked out, don't you? *clicks fingers* doesn't work for me :frown:
Mummy took Nanny away once I got Matron. :frown:
Reply 103
BazTheMoney
Mummy took Nanny away once I got Matron. :frown:

Oh, life is so hard for you. I'm sure Matron took care of you though (hopefully in a non-dodgy way). We had a Matron but she didn't do anything for me cos I was a day girl.
Helenia
Oh, life is so hard for you. I'm sure Matron took care of you though (hopefully in a non-dodgy way). We had a Matron but she didn't do anything for me cos I was a day girl.
King's matron was minging, and Westminster matron was about 150; there was nothing dodgy going on!
Reply 105
Matron????? I'm really confused.
sbailey
Matron????? I'm really confused.
A Matron's a Matron; boarding school, they clean and stuff.
Reply 107
BazTheMoney

Ahhhhh....

Is this one of those famous boarding schools we're all likely to have heard of?
Reply 108
BazTheMoney
King's matron was minging, and Westminster matron was about 150; there was nothing dodgy going on!

A 17-year-old boy from my school slept with a 50-something-year-old matron...(they were both asked to leave).
sbailey
Ahhhhh....

Is this one of those famous boarding schools we're all likely to have heard of?
Maybe, quite close to the Houses of Parliament.
Reply 110
BazTheMoney

Ours didn't clean - that's what the cleaners did. Ours mostly did laundry, had coffee with the cleaners, and was a sort of first stop nurse (not actually a nurse)/counsellor for the girls.

In one of the boys' houses she did all their washing for them, and apparently commented to one boy "Stephen, I do wish you'd stop fondling, it would make your duvet covers much easier to clean!" :eek:
Reply 111
Helenia
Ours didn't clean - that's what the cleaners did. Ours mostly did laundry, had coffee with the cleaners, and was a sort of first stop nurse (not actually a nurse)/counsellor for the girls.

In one of the boys' houses she did all their washing for them, and apparently commented to one boy "Stephen, I do wish you'd stop fondling, it would make your duvet covers much easier to clean!" :eek:

Lololololololololololol

That wasn't me by the way, my name is spelt with a V in the middle :smile:

Plus the fact I didn't go to a boarding school.

EDIT: In fact, why did I bring myself into this???
Reply 112
sbailey
Lololololololololololol

That wasn't me by the way, my name is spelt with a V in the middle :smile:

Plus the fact I didn't go to a boarding school.

EDIT: In fact, why did I bring myself into this???

I think I would know if you were at my school :tongue: I was the only one to go to Cambridge, so I knew it wasn't anyway.
Helenia

Our Matrons were there for welfare mainly, they did the clothes washing and ironing too; cleaners did the house cleaning.
Reply 114
Helenia
I think I would know if you were at my school :tongue: I was the only one to go to Cambridge, so I knew it wasn't anyway.

Yeah, I was just kidding around, until I realised I'd walked right into the firing line!!
Reply 115
BazTheMoney
Our Matrons were there for welfare mainly, they did the clothes washing and ironing too; cleaners did the house cleaning.

I don't think they did the actual washing, they just co-ordinated its sending and retrieving from the laundry, and would do a few special items if asked. I'm not sure though. All I know is once she stole one of my shirts (no idea how or when) and I got it back from the laundry without even realising it had gone!
Helenia
I don't think they did the actual washing, they just co-ordinated its sending and retrieving from the laundry, and would do a few special items if asked. I'm not sure though. All I know is once she stole one of my shirts (no idea how or when) and I got it back from the laundry without even realising it had gone!
I don't know if they actually did the washing, but they took it away dirty and brought it back clean. :biggrin:
Reply 117
BazTheMoney
I don't know if they actually did the washing, but they took it away dirty and brought it back clean. :biggrin:

Wow, it's just like magic isn't it? :tongue: I can do that too.
Helenia
Wow, it's just like magic isn't it? :tongue: I can do that too.
I know. Great is it? They use these "washing machines" things, have you ever seen them?
Reply 119
BazTheMoney
I know. Great is it? They use these "washing machines" things, have you ever seen them?

Honey, I can make them work. :smile: It's very exciting, you can watch the clothes go round all day.

Latest

Trending

Trending