Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    But what if they switch them round, like you told me about once?
    The sides don't chance, just the stroke will turn to a bow-sider and 7 will become stroke-side and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    The sides don't chance, just the stroke will turn to a bow-sider and 7 will become stroke-side and so on.
    But they don't change the names? That would be confusing.

ReputationRep:
    But they don't change the names? That would be confusing.
    :rolleyes: Maybe to a medic, everyone else seems to cope fine...

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Maybe to a medic, everyone else seems to cope fine...
    You better damn hope I know my left from my right and I'm sure I'll learn strokeside/bowside soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    You better damn hope I know my left from my right and I'm sure I'll learn strokeside/bowside soon enough.
    When you're novicing you mean?

ReputationRep:
    When you're novicing you mean?
    The first for when I'm a surgeon, the second for if/when I novice.

ReputationRep:
    The first for when I'm a surgeon, the second for if/when I novice.
    You're are novicing, I'm going to sign you up for Cambridge Women next summer, you have one season to get in shape.

ReputationRep:
    You're are novicing, I'm going to sign you up for Cambridge Women next summer, you have one season to get in shape.
    What makes you think I'll ever be blue boat standard? I don't think so. I won't even be college 1st boat.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think I'll ever be blue boat standard? I don't think so. I won't even be college 1st boat.
    Come on, who couldn't get in a womens crew. You could get there with one arm tied behind your back.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, who couldn't get in a womens crew. You could get there with one arm tied behind your back.
    Hmmm...coming from Mr "Yours will be more 'catch-drive-CRAB-release' " I hardly think so. I'm good at kayaking, but that has much shorter blades. I doubt I will be an amazing rower.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...coming from Mr "Yours will be more 'catch-drive-CRAB-release' " I hardly think so. I'm good at kayaking, but that has much shorter blades. I doubt I will be an amazing rower.
    That's what all womens crew are like; you'll fit in fine.

ReputationRep:
    That's what all womens crew are like; you'll fit in fine.
    *sharpens one edge of her blade in preparation for the encounter with the swearing Oxonian*

ReputationRep:
    *sharpens one edge of her blade in preparation for the encounter with the swearing Oxonian*
    Like you'd be able to catch me... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Like you'd be able to catch me... :rolleyes:
    I wasn't planning on chasing you I won't take your abuse lightly though, trust me on that...

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't planning on chasing you I won't take your abuse lightly though, trust me on that...
    You going along at 15 strokes, whilst I'm at 34+...

ReputationRep:
    You going along at 15 strokes, whilst I'm at 34+...
    And you try to overtake us, and shout nasty things at me and whooops, I slipped somehow! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    And you try to overtake us, and shout nasty things at me and whooops, I slipped somehow! :eek:
    It would take you 5 minutes to get the blade out the water. :rolleyes: 5 minutes = 200 strokes = miles away...

ReputationRep:
    It would take you 5 minutes to get the blade out the water. :rolleyes: 5 minutes = 200 strokes = miles away...
    Keep digging...you can't make excuses for everything. If we accidentally happen to be blocking the river due to our tremendous lack of skill

ReputationRep:
    Keep digging...you can't make excuses for everything. If we accidentally happen to be blocking the river due to our tremendous lack of skill
    Don't the M1's row on a different strech of water most of the time, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Don't the M1's row on a different strech of water most of the time, anyway?
    Erm, there's not actually that much of the Cam that is rowable - there's a lock further up. I don't really know if they row on different stretches to be honest, just usually at different times.

Edit: oooh, 4000! Post slut queen!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.