Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am offered a place at Arts Educational Schools London in September 2016 to study their MA Acting course which is validated by City University. My course is a taught one year degree and I will be awarded an MA. It's based in England, it's my first masters degree. I seem to fit the criteria however, Arts Ed is an independent school. Will I still be eligible? Because other drama schools like Central School of Speech and Drama allow you to be funded by PGL. Can you only get this loan if your university or drama school allow you to or is it as simple as doing an MA no matter where you study?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MorganPostgrad)
    I am offered a place at Arts Educational Schools London in September 2016 to study their MA Acting course which is validated by City University. My course is a taught one year degree and I will be awarded an MA. It's based in England, it's my first masters degree. I seem to fit the criteria however, Arts Ed is an independent school. Will I still be eligible? Because other drama schools like Central School of Speech and Drama allow you to be funded by PGL. Can you only get this loan if your university or drama school allow you to or is it as simple as doing an MA no matter where you study?
    Hi MorganPostgrad,

As Arts Educational Schools London is a privately-funded institution you will not be eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Loan.

Thanks and good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.