Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group and what their orientation is. What are they going to do with that information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HOLA255)
    Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group and what their orientation is. What are they going to do with that information?
    What is a white company?

ReputationRep:
    "White"?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Its to show that they are meeting the equality act, at least that's what i always thought it was for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Its to show that they are meeting the equality act, at least that's what i always thought it was for.
    This. So they can hire women/non-whites to fill their PC quotas even when those people are less able/qualified. Happens with uni applications as well. That's straight white male patriarchy for ya...

ReputationRep:
    Think it's something to do with stats/data collection or something like that - that way they can see who's applying/getting hired I guess? From there it's probably supposedly easier to highlight if a company is being discriminatory with their hiring process.
    That's not to say that it's not a flawed process, for example you can't tell someone's orientation by looking at them (or someone's ethnicity in many cases). I think there's probably some element of quota-filling in there as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    This. So they can hire women/non-whites to fill their PC quotas even when those people are less able/qualified. Happens with uni applications as well. That's straight white male patriarchy for ya...
    I'm not white and I got a 1st Class Degree.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I don't care if you don't care, I'm addressing what you said about non whites being less able in your comment. You're in denial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erebor)
    Name:  loser-gif-656.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  15.4 KB

:d:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :d
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if you don't care, I'm addressing what you said about non whites being less able in your comment. You're in denial.
    That's not what I meant. Some non-white groups are huge contributors in many Western companies. Remove your victim glasses and read it again.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what I meant. Some non-white groups are huge contributors in many Western companies. Remove your victim glasses and read it again.
    What's your evidence for your claim? Name your sources or is it a figment of your bigoted imagination?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    Pervy

ReputationRep:
    You can't assume much about the internet these days just lower your expectations.

ReputationRep:
    Pervy

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You changed sex now.

ReputationRep:
    You changed sex now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    To be fair, he didn't say that non-white people were less able than white people

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.