The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get off your high horse, you sound like a narcissistic snob. Uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni.
Are you crazy? If you type the word university like it's supposed to be written, how the hell are you going to save 0.35 incredibly precious seconds during which you could do incredible things?
Original post by Mojo Banjo
Basically, as someone with an extremely powerful brain, I find it annoying.

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Its University, my friends.

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Your 'extremely powerful brain' seems to be failing you with regards to your punctuation today.
There are deeper things in life to worry about. Maybe use your "extremely powerful brain" for that?
Reply 124
Language changes and develops as a result of such borrowings. We would never have lexis such as 'anchor', 'wall', 'city', 'government', 'question', 'atmosphere' or 'dignity' without borrowings. If you don't want to say 'uni' fine but don't force others to. Now, act with a bit of dignity and delete this thread.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Hey Spotify can I get a free subscription? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A free subscription to Spotify Music? Haha you'd be lucky :biggrin: even I can't get a free subscription :nah:
Damn I hate it when people say "uni"! :angry: :angry:

Suppose I should fix the thread title. :lol:

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Uni

Did you even get into a uni smh

A little bit hypocritical.
I like the fact that you think that just because you go to university it automatically means you have class, there are numerous people that are at university and they have ZERO class. Case point.

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

I'm not sure that someone with an "extremely powerful brain" would waste their time whining on TSR :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Uni 2 chill m8
Original post by spotify95
A free subscription to Spotify Music? Haha you'd be lucky :biggrin: even I can't get a free subscription :nah:

Ah you're useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like to go to uni as I think it would benefit me as a person, however I dont think uni is the best way to go in terms of my career. Uni is a good idea though. Uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni uni
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Ah you're useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe someone at my uni would be able to help in getting spotify though :biggrin:
uni.png
lol
Original post by spotify95
Maybe someone at my uni would be able to help in getting spotify though :biggrin:

We can always share accounts like netflix haha. What sort of music do you like? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[scrollr]YOONEH[/scrollr]
The word "uni" is a classist slur which appropriates working class language.
The only appropriate term to use for such a place would be a "further education institution"
The word "uni" doesn't bother me. What does, though, is when people miss out the word "to" when describing it as the place they're going to. "I'm going uni" or "I can't, I gotta go uni tomorrow" - what kind of retard...

Latest