The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shuu00
I'm not sure that someone with an "extremely powerful brain" would waste their time whining on TSR :wink:

Spoiler

The same "extremely powerful brain" that doesn't know the difference between its and it's and also thinks Banterbury is a real place.

Make of it what you will.
(edited 7 years ago)
i PREFER
varsity
at least sounds better than uni
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NachoPhilosopher
i PREFER
varsity
at least sounds better than uni

Of course it should be the varsity.

Have you done much work this year at the varsity?
Original post by nulli tertius

Hahahaha it just clicked why they call it varsity- I'm so stupid :tongue: :tongue:
uni- varsity : university

Yup I like varsity so much better
Original post by Mojo Banjo
Basically, as someone with an extremely powerful brain, I find it annoying.

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Its University, my friends.

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.
****in' college m8.

While I agree with the sentiment, this kiddie attitude of claiming to have an extremely powerful brain is just going to get you a bunch of broken teeth.
Original post by olsena
Language changes and develops as a result of such borrowings. We would never have lexis such as 'anchor', 'wall', 'city', 'government', 'question', 'atmosphere' or 'dignity' without borrowings. If you don't want to say 'uni' fine but don't force others to. Now, act with a bit of dignity and delete this thread.
"Uni" isn't a borrowing, it's an abbreviation.
Actually, I'm still not in varsity... well, but yeah, just after A'Levels I'll be in varsity
Varsity sounds like a cool place!!

Original post by billystride
PEPE is right listen to PEPE it's Uni

Are you stupid or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I enjoy uni

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Original post by Davalla
100% agree. This pisses me off royally. Never heard anyone else have the same view as me on this.
:yy:

are you the type of person that goes out for luncheon?
Reply 151
Its cos we have class.

So you don't like the abbreviation 'Uni' but you're quite capable of using other abbreviations like 'cos'. Wow.
Varsity reminds me of Grand Theft Auto- it seems like a great but dangerous place to be (Vice City)
Original post by WoodyMKC
The word "uni" doesn't bother me. What does, though, is when people miss out the word "to" when describing it as the place they're going to. "I'm going uni" or "I can't, I gotta go uni tomorrow" - what kind of retard...

[scrollr]i'm goin'[/scrollr]
[scrollr]yooneh[/scrollr]

[scrollr]innit?[/scrollr]
Its cos we have class.

because* not cos
Original post by Tootles
****in' college m8.

While I agree with the sentiment, this kiddie attitude of claiming to have an extremely powerful brain is just going to get you a bunch of broken teeth.

And also make you look like even more of an idiot when you think banterbury is a real place.
Reply 156

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Original post by Davalla
100% agree. This pisses me off royally. Never heard anyone else have the same view as me on this.
:yy:

Well said brethren. I too despise this modern trendiness. Edit: should that not be Macbook Pros ha ha.
I'm reluctant about starting uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.

The word "uni" is an Australianism that entered British English courtesy of Neighbours

Posted from TSR Mobile

Xenophobic much?
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle
Xenophobic much?

How's that xenophobic?

Latest