Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HEY! what format do you guys think the english language exams going to be like? Report, newspaper article, diary???

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How could we guess...?
    I really hope the reading passage isn't about another fantasy animal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nozzle16)
    HEY! what format do you guys think the english language exams going to be like? Report, newspaper article, diary???

Thanks
    Hey

I've moved this to the English forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    How could we guess...?
    I really hope the reading passage isn't about another fantasy animal
    well you may have an idea as the one last year wouldent be repeated this year ...just wondering as people have been saying a report may come up as it hasent in a few years ..hahaha ikr "Unicorns and Yetis"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hey

I've moved this to the English forum
    Hey thanks

ReputationRep:
    well you may have an idea as the one last year wouldent be repeated this year ...just wondering as people have been saying a report may come up as it hasent in a few years ..hahaha ikr "Unicorns and Yetis"
    Ah right, a report might come up if that's the case! I want it to be an interview format..
    Haha i did that paper! And another one on 'narwals'? Apparently they try to make the papers interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Ah right, a report might come up if that's the case! I want it to be an interview format..
    Haha i did that paper! And another one on 'narwals'? Apparently they try to make the papers interesting...
    Im really not good at reports ( i hope not...cant believe its tomorrow!!!! OMG
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Thanks
    I just really hope it's not a newspaper but I know that the passage will be difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    I just really hope it's not a newspaper but I know that the passage will be difficult
    i hope its not really implicit i cant read in between the lines
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    i hope its not really implicit i cant read in between the lines
    Same here I'm just going to try my best! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    how do you structure a report? third/ first person? formal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suryyyyynn)
    how do you structure a report? third/ first person? formal?
    The question will say who u are writing as and from there the structure kind of goes logically first/third or formal

ReputationRep:
    Im really not good at reports ( i hope not...cant believe its tomorrow!!!! OMG
    don't worry! they're not too bad ,just remember to keep to your tone (you can only score out of 5 for your writing on the first question anyway)
    i know its today..one of the first official exams of the season
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    don't worry! they're not too bad ,just remember to keep to your tone (you can only score out of 5 for your writing on the first question anyway)
    i know its today..one of the first official exams of the season
    good luck!
    thanks for that!! I hope you did well! its all done now..how did you do? What did you put for bullet point 3 briefly?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that!! I hope you did well! its all done now..how did you do? What did you put for bullet point 3 briefly?
    hey!no worries thanks, you too!
    Well Q2 was not the best, everyone is speaking about how there was not enough imagery but I managed to get four quotes for each. I think Q1 went okay too as I didnt have to make much inference

(in bold) do you mean for Q1?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.