Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So, I am resitting GCSE science this year with a different exam board from last year. I did end up messing up on my controlled assessment and I got a D. I didn't know what I was doing. I had to do it in 1 day. But there are no excuses. My teacher said that the ISA is 25 percent. I'm doing Higher for Additional Chemistry and Biology. I am hoping to get B's in them. However, I am doing a different exam board. So I have decided to do foundation for Physics since I find it hard.

    With a D in your coursework, if you want to get a B you need to get at least a high B in the exam although safe bet would be a low A , coursework is so essential..... Can you not retake the controlled assessment?

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    I would say it wouldn't matter much. My ISA is on an A* and when I took my mocks I got a B. Overall it balanced out to a B+. So, just make sure to get a high B in the exam and you should be fine
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.