Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm an offer holder for English and am still very interested in my subject but in recent months I have read up about the new History and Politics course starting next year and have become quite engrossed to say the least. Of course I might change my mind again and completely lose interest once more information is released about it, but what are my options if I think I might want to transfer into it? Would it be possible to do the first year of Part I English and then do hist+pol with the cohort below me,starting in 2017? Or would the only possibility of me studying the new course arise if I took a gap year? I am confident of exceeding my offer but obviously, I shall put the "if I meet my offer" assumption into all of this.

It sounds like I'm not committed to my subject but its more that I have a wide range of interests, and I think arts students suffer this kind of problem when pickin a course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassala)
    Hi,

I'm an offer holder for English and am still very interested in my subject but in recent months I have read up about the new History and Politics course starting next year and have become quite engrossed to say the least. Of course I might change my mind again and completely lose interest once more information is released about it, but what are my options if I think I might want to transfer into it? Would it be possible to do the first year of Part I English and then do hist+pol with the cohort below me,starting in 2017? Or would the only possibility of me studying the new course arise if I took a gap year? I am confident of exceeding my offer but obviously, I shall put the "if I meet my offer" assumption into all of this.

It sounds like I'm not committed to my subject but its more that I have a wide range of interests, and I think arts students suffer this kind of problem when pickin a course.
    As long as you have good enough grades in relevant subjects, your first year exam result it satisfactory enough and also your DoS and both departments agree, it is possible to change subject after the first year. But you'll need to discuss with your DoS when you make up your mind.
    If you want to read a different subject than the one you got an offer for from the beginning, contact the admission secretary of your college as soon as you make up your mind. They may not allow you to do that, but no harm in asking them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.