Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Can anyone give me an idea what a social work timetable may look like as I have a part time day job and would like to know wether I could manage to do both.
    Tgankyou

ReputationRep:
    It can vary at different universities. I went to Sheffield Hallam (a few years ago now), and it was usually something like:

Monday: 9 - 12, then 1 - 4
    Tuesday: 9 - 12
    Wednesday: 11 - 1

We had 2 block placements - the first one was for 3 months in the 2nd year, and for 6 months in 3rd year (nothing in the first, except a day or two shadowing) - in both cases it was 9-5 Monday to Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much. I am quietly excited but very nervous. May I ask if you enjoyed it ?

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Where are you going to be studying? (it's fine if you'd rather not say on here).

I enjoyed what we did on the course, but I wasn't a fan of the uni / department.

I was fortunate with my placements though - my first was in the voluntary sector - a homeless project, and my final was a statutory setting - local authority family support team In both cases I worked with some amazing people, which really helped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the university of Portsmouth. I've decided to concentrate on the course so I've handed my notice in to the school I work at. So many scary changes!!! 😬

(Original post by Pixsoul)
    No problem

Where are you going to be studying? (it's fine if you'd rather not say on here).

I enjoyed what we did on the course, but I wasn't a fan of the uni / department.

I was fortunate with my placements though - my first was in the voluntary sector - a homeless project, and my final was a statutory setting - local authority family support team In both cases I worked with some amazing people, which really helped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.