The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough vs. Northumbria vs. Sussex vs. Lincoln for Industrial/Product Design

Hey everyone!
I've gotten offers from all four of these school and at this point Loughborough is my first choice but I still have my doubts. The school is very big on sports and I'm more on the creative side and don't know if I would fit in. I'm also used to a big city.

Can anyone tell me more about any of these schools regarding the course but also overall and social life etc. My second choice would probably be Northumbria. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thank you!
Original post by e19een
Hey everyone!
I've gotten offers from all four of these school and at this point Loughborough is my first choice but I still have my doubts. The school is very big on sports and I'm more on the creative side and don't know if I would fit in. I'm also used to a big city.

Can anyone tell me more about any of these schools regarding the course but also overall and social life etc. My second choice would probably be Northumbria. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thank you!

Hi e19een,

Great to hear that you're thinking of firming Loughborough :smile:

As an Arts graduate of the University myself, I would honestly say that the sportiness isn't something you need to worry about. The University has over 100 student societies to get involved in as well as loads of arts events such as a student-run cinema, student theatre productions, spoken word events, and student art exhibitions.

Beyond the campus, the benefit of being in a smaller town is that Loughborough has a real student vibe about it - student nights on at different places throughout the week, plenty of reasonably priced places to eat out including a brand new Cinema complex with several new restaurants etc. If you're wanting to head further afield then Nottingham, Leicester and Derby are all within 30 minutes door-to-door by train and a return ticket is less than £10.

Hope this helps - happy to answer any other questions you might have!

Teresa
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
I second everything that Loughborough University said.

Furthermore, our Design School is the most employable in the country and among the most respected. The only university that comes close, in terms of academics is Brunel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending