Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My gcse maths exams are in four weeks and im predicted a u in my gcses =, my teachers are just stressing me out especially the head of maths he just keeps making me feel like **** saying i wont pass maths and ill be lucky to leave with a grade d, im just crying because he keeps sayig ill need to put you for enrtry level maths "as a saftey net" i dont even know what the hell i should do like im not retaining any information for maths and im failing my other subjects, im just crying and my teachers are just making my life hard for me!

I dont know what to do anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    My gcse maths exams are in four weeks and im predicted a u in my gcses =, my teachers are just stressing me out especially the head of maths he just keeps making me feel like **** saying i wont pass maths and ill be lucky to leave with a grade d, im just crying because he keeps sayig ill need to put you for enrtry level maths "as a saftey net" i dont even know what the hell i should do like im not retaining any information for maths and im failing my other subjects, im just crying and my teachers are just making my life hard for me!

In regards to being put in for an entry level paper, the max you can get is a C, right? All you need is a C to get into college or something further, whether it's an A or a B or C it doesn't really make a difference. Most employers/educational institutes just want a-c.

I would advise you find out what exam board you are with, go on their website and print out every single past exam and start working through them. If there's 10 past papers then that's 1 every 2-3 days and they are like 45mins long? Mark them yourself or ask your teacher to mark 1 or 2. It's the best way to revise and find out where you're making mistakes and i'll let you in on a little secret... Exam boards are lazy and basically use very identical questions each year.

You might convince your teacher to let you sit the higher paper, either way revise and get at least a C and don't listen to your teacher because only you know what you're capable of.

Edit.. Also just read your failing your other subjects, just make sure you pass maths, science and english and find the past papers for those also.

(Original post by lu17)

What is your exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xenon_)
    what is your exam board

edexcel gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasonM)
    In regards to being put in for an entry level paper, the max you can get is a C, right? All you need is a C to get into college or something further, whether it's an A or a B or C it doesn't really make a difference. Most employers/educational institutes just want a-c.

I would advise you find out what exam board you are with, go on their website and print out every single past exam and start working through them. If there's 10 past papers then that's 1 every 2-3 days and they are like 45mins long? Mark them yourself or ask your teacher to mark 1 or 2. It's the best way to revise and find out where you're making mistakes and i'll let you in on a little secret... Exam boards are lazy and basically use very identical questions each year.

You might convince your teacher to let you sit the higher paper, either way revise and get at least a C and don't listen to your teacher because only you know what you're capable of.

Edit.. Also just read your failing your other subjects, just make sure you pass maths, science and english and find the past papers for those also.
    FIRST OF ALL MY MATHS TEACHER IS NOT GOING TO EVER LET ME DO A HIGHER PAPER WHEN I CANT EVEN GET A BLOODY G grade, I need to make sure I pass these exams and also another question what do employers see most important A LEVEL RESULTS OR GCSES ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)

Apprenticeships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hola255)
    apprenticeships
    a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    a levels
    Are you academic or vocational?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hola255)
    are you academic or vocational?
    well i think im academic but these ass holes of teachers dont think so, their shoving so much ******** into my headtrying to make me do btecs level 1/2

ReputationRep:
    What A-Levels do you plan to take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)
    well i think im academic but these ass holes of teachers dont think so, their shoving so much ******** into my headtrying to make me do btecs level 1/2
    It's better to take the A levels now, they cost £6000 for adults. My step dad took his A levels at college.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by NeverGrowUp)
    4 weeks is plenty of time for GCSE, don't worry! My maths teacher thought I'd do bad too since she had to move me seats in class 3 times and I never really did homework or classwork. In the end i got an A* got 100% in maths in one of my maths exams.Anyways what you should do is buy the CGP workbook and revision guide for your exam board, learn it then do LOADS of practice papers. I know you probably have heard that a million times but trust me it works. Also, if you still don't understand it, watch youtube videos for different maths topics, a good channel is HegartyMaths, he has video tutorials. If all else fails, get a private maths tutor to help you along. Don't lose hope!

All this. If you hurry up and work hard, then you can still make a change. You have to cry less and get stuck in though. Cry after your exam if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger;[url="tel:64452773")
    64452773[/url]]All this. If you hurry up and work hard, then you can still make a change. You have to cry less and get stuck in though. Cry after your exam if you want.
    Thanks you guys sooooo much he just stresses me out so muccch

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Woody_Pigeon;[url="tel:64452531"]64452531[/url]]What A-Levels do you plan to take?[/QUOTE

History
    Economics
    Classics
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by lu17)
    Thanks you guys sooooo much he just stresses me out so muccch
    Forget about him and focus on sorting yourself out by following nevergrowups advice. theres someone else trying to go from 4D's to 4 A's. In 2 weeks he is hitting B's. get the revision book and start working through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lu17)

Me too stressing out with Maths currently at a C and need a B. I suggest you use hegartymaths or ukmathsteacher youtube videos really good in explaining and then try individual topic past papers after watching the videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger;[url="tel:64455167")
    64455167[/url]]Forget about him and focus on sorting yourself out by following nevergrowups advice. theres someone else trying to go from 4D's to 4 A's. In 2 weeks he is hitting B's. get the revision book and start working through it.
    How do you remember information
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by lu17)
    How do you remember information
    Im a bit rubbish on memory things. Flash cards, seeing and then writing down as much as i could rememeber. maths will be better by doing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.