Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alright well, for a while now, since say the beginning of this month, I have really changed the way I eat; I've basically cut out unhealthy crap (like sweets, crisps etc.) and I've been tracking my calories and I've been eating, on average, around 1500 calories a day. My maintenance calories is 1,962 apparently based on my level of activity etc. I don't really do any exercise other than walking to and home school every day (~15 minutes uphill/downhill).

Now, I used to weigh around 64kg, and have lost around 3kg in the space of 2-3 weeks I THINK. I may have weighed less than 64 to begin with but assuming that I wasn't, do you think that having lost that much weight in just 2-3 weeks is unhealthy or can it be accounted to my better eating?

Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    Your height? That is also relevant to your query unfortunately

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Your height? That is also relevant to your query unfortunately
    172.5cm / 5'8"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    172.5cm / 5'8"
    I weigh slightly more and I'm slightly shorter too. So you're pretty much healthy.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    I weigh slightly more and I'm slightly shorter too. So you're pretty much healthy.
    Well, I mean I guess my weight right now is fine in terms of BMI etc. but I'm just a bit worried if I'm losing weight too fast you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, I mean I guess my weight right now is fine in terms of BMI etc. but I'm just a bit worried if I'm losing weight too fast you know?
    Well if you continue to meet your maintenance calories you'll neither gain nor lose too much

ReputationRep:
    eating 1500 calories would give a calorie deficit of around 400 per day for you, so in 3 weeks you have built that deficit up to 8,400 calories (and since 3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, you've probably lost around 2.4lbs which is just over 1kg). which is a healthy amount to lose in 3 weeks, i'd say

(Original post by tanyapotter)
    eating 1500 calories would give a calorie deficit of around 400 per day for you, so in 3 weeks you have built that deficit up to 8,400 calories (and since 3500 calories = 1 pound of fat, you've probably lost around 2.4lbs which is just over 1kg). which is a healthy amount to lose in 3 weeks, i'd say
    Ah okay that makes sense. Well, I mean I guess weight does fluctuate so I'll just see how things go over the next couple of days and hopefully I just maintain the weight that I'm at right now. Thanks for the help you guys

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.