Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for 1st year entry but am really regretting it and want to change to 2nd year... If I start the course would it be possible for me to change and how easy would it be?

ReputationRep:
    If you've reached the requirement (I think it was A*AA, don't know what it is now), just let your personal tutor know in freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ethancoyne)
    Ive applied for 1st year entry but am really regretting it and want to change to 2nd year... If I start the course would it be possible for me to change and how easy would it be?
    You can change when you get there. I knew a guy who just went to his Personal Tutor (you'll probably know yours by now?) in freshers' week and they pushed it through because he had AAA. (This was back in 2009 when we didn't have A*s at A-level.)

Speed is the essence. The faster you do it, the less umm-ing and ahh-ing you'll receive from your Tutor and the department admin people.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same. I applied for 1st year entry and then found out later that I could qualify for second year entry. So, I emailed my department's admission office and they changed my offer to second year entry right away. You could try emailing them to ask for specific procedure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.