The Student Room Group

Is it the end of our friendship?

I reminded my friend of my birthday the day before it was. Then the day of my birthday when we met for lunch only before we left and went our separate ways did she remember it was my birthday and say happy birthday and said she would get my gift next week. It's been like two months and she still hasn't given me it and she sees me everyday for lunch and talked about other birthdays. My other friend says that maybe its a sign that she no longer wants to be friends or that she no longer wants us to give gifts to each other. I feel awkward about bringing it up in conversation cause I don't want to seem rude and last birthday she gave me a gift a month later so I figured she'd give it to me eventually. I mean I don't need anything from her but I thought we had a strong friendship since we have been friends for seven years.
Reply 1
I don't think so as she's meeting you for lunch everyday. She may have just forgotten.
She probably thinks you've forgotten about it and doesn't want to bring it up again in case you get annoyed with her.
It becomes weird to be giving someone a birthday gift once a certain time had passed. She's put it off for so long and that's probably all there is to it.
I've been in her position before (whoops!) and she's probably just really embarrassed to give you something seeing as though it's so late. I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, it may even be stuck in the back of her wardrobe or under her bed (or still in the shop) I really wouldn't worry about it, she may just be a forgetful person like me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending