The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level History Coursework Word Limit?? URGENT

So I gave in my history coursework a few weeks ago; the total word limit for both essays combined is maximum 4000 words. When I printed off the courseworks, it said I had 1998 words in part A and 2002 words in part B, so exactly 4000 altogether. Right now it has been marked by my teacher and is probably in the process of being moderated by another teacher, and we were given a sheet to fill out telling us to evaluate the sources to show we haven't plagiarised. While looking at my essays to fill out the sheet, I saw that the word count had changed to 1999 words for part A and 2012 words for part B-- so I am 11 words over the limit!
I'm not sure which word count is correct, and I definitely didn't change or add anything after giving in my courseworks. It could be a Microsoft word glitch, but I don't want to manually count it all to check which word count is true. I could easily take out 11 words, I am just worried that it has already been marked and that that will not be possible. What should I do? If it gets sent for external moderation, will they check the word limit? There is no 10% leeway on this coursework like there is for GCSE
If its gone for marking (especially this far along..) there's literally nothing you can do about it.

Worst case scenario, the marker stops reading 11 words from the end, in reality, they'll most likely not give a hoot!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending