Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who else is SUPER nervous about exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was petrified going into the mocks so God knows what I'm gonna be like in the real thing.

I know GCSEs aren't the most important exams in the world, but they are the formal exams I've ever done so I'm just worried...

Anyone else?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    All of us tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yup,im super nervous D:
    I could do with another few months to revise!

ReputationRep:
    ME!!! Mine start on the 18th...lucky that I dont have any that clash or on the same day apart from science...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Yup,im super nervous D:
    I could do with another few months to revise!
    Same here!! I dont know where the time is running to..!! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I was petrified going into the mocks so God knows what I'm gonna be like in the real thing.

I know GCSEs aren't the most important exams in the world, but they are the formal exams I've ever done so I'm just worried...

Anyone else?
    will be in about 3 years time when the curriculum changes so there's no AS levels. Then all you can apply to uni's for are your GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    will be in about 3 years time when the curriculum changes so there's no AS levels. Then all you can apply to uni's for are your GCSE's
    3 years? That's happening now already right? I have friends doing reformed a-levels already, skipping AS. I'm pretty sure some of my a-levels are reformed, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    3 years? That's happening now already right? I have friends doing reformed a-levels already, skipping AS. I'm pretty sure some of my a-levels are reformed, too
    Is it? well i think it depends what board you're doing, for example i've got a maths AS this year and i'm using the edexcel board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Is it? well i think it depends what board you're doing, for example i've got a maths AS this year and i'm using the edexcel board
    Yeah maths hasn't reformed in the sixth form I'm looking at. I think it varies for different schools. A lot of schools have reformed and a lot haven't / only have for some subjects - but yeah I'm pretty sure that change has already started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)

Anyone else?
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Yeah maths hasn't reformed in the sixth form I'm looking at. I think it varies for different schools. A lot of schools have reformed and a lot haven't / only have for some subjects - but yeah I'm pretty sure that change has already started
    Maths A level does not reform till 2017. I applied to sixth form to study Maths from 2016 and sixth form college said I won't be affected by the changes in Maths although I would be with the three sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Same. Anyone else got English Language exam on the 3rd May? It's my first and it's this Tuesday...

ReputationRep:
    About 3 weeks till my exams start and I'm still not freaking out. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Maths A level does not reform till 2017. I applied to sixth form to study Maths from 2016 and sixth form college said I won't be affected by the changes in Maths although I would be with the three sciences.
    Yay! [NOT.] I'm just in time for the new GCSE English and Maths...
    Now new A-Level Maths too... great

Got my Biology Unit 2 mock exam tomorrow... so nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psych2113)
    Same. Anyone else got English Language exam on the 3rd May? It's my first and it's this Tuesday...
    Me

ReputationRep:
    2nd year University student here checking in.

I am terrified and seriously unprepared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamPaigeTheSky)
    Yay! [NOT.] I'm just in time for the new GCSE English and Maths...
    Now new A-Level Maths too... great

Got my Biology Unit 2 mock exam tomorrow... so nervous
    Yes true but count yourself lucky you only have to do the new spec with Maths and English only the current year 9's have to take the new spec in all the subjects. I have the do the new A level specs with Biology, Chemistry, and Physics which reformed 2015 not too excited with that as the old A level specs were much easier.

Really I do feel blessed to be a 1999 born because I don't have to take those new horrible GCSEs.

I am more nervous and petrified as the real GCSE exams 2016 start 16th May literally 17 more days left.

ReputationRep:
    Yes true but count yourself lucky you only have to do the new spec with Maths and English only the current year 9's have to take the new spec in all the subjects. I have the do the new A level specs with Biology, Chemistry, and Physics which reformed 2015 not too excited with that as the old A level specs were much easier.

Really I do feel blessed to be a 1999 born because I don't have to take those new horrible GCSEs.

I am more nervous and petrified as the real GCSE exams 2016 start 16th May literally 17 more days left.
    Wow! Good luck in your exams!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamPaigeTheSky)
    Wow! Good luck in your exams!!!!
    Thank you and wish you all the luck with Biology unit 2.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and wish you all the luck with Biology unit 2.
    Thanks!!! I'm sure you'll ace those exams!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.