Studying for the new A-levels Watch

Z212
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Who is studying for the a-levels that don't count? Is your school taking the new a-levels or having exams in 2017? My schools is taking the new a levels and I had a private conversation with my program manager and he told me I shouldn't go for the ones that don't count. How do you feel about the new a-levels?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Student232
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't like the new A levels but I'm only doing one (chemistry) I prefer the old ones as I don't really want to sit an exam get a grade then told to resit it next year even if I got a good grade. I'm not really sure if I'll do it next year or not though so I am happy my school's making me do it so I don't do a whole year of chemistry to get nothing out of it. It's also really annoying in terms of past papers as in maths we have like 10 years worth of past papers yet in chemistry we just get the specimen.
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 2 years ago
I was thinking about this the other day actually, the way I see it, is that I get to have a whole two years to learn things properly. I get the opportunity to learn a subject inside out. Be able to explore and expand my knowledge on it at a consistent rate throughout the two years. (rather than the jump from AS to A2)

You have an internal exam instead of AS so it's not like you are working for nothing
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I started A levels this year. 2 of the 3 that I'm doing (my fourth is a 100% coursework BTEC) are now linear. Despite this, we're still doing AS exams. I thank my lucky stars that we are, because they are incredibly useful for applying to university, and for personal feedback.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1497)
79.59%
Leave (384)
20.41%

Watched Threads