Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People of immigrant descent who think we should limit the number of refugees are..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Absolute Sellouts.

I don't care if migrants come to this country, they are all the same as us, we will all struggle in life, you may enjoy your cushy life in the west, but let be real, if you country was plagued by war you would jump to Europe the first chance you have, I know I would, and I would jump to Western Europe, why??? Because thats were the money and opportunities are, everyone wants a new life, people will take they're chance it's our dream, but we will also be seconds rate, I reckon the only reason why some of you might want to limit the number of refugees coming in is because you want to fit in but you never will, these people will never get a proper chance to fit in either, they are torn by war and all they want is a new life, well i think they can have there share of a new one

ReputationRep:
    bumpp

ReputationRep:
    There is a process in order to enter a country, if that process is not followed then they should be removed forcefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    There is a process in order to enter a country, if that process is not followed then they should be removed forcefully.
    in that case good luck to all on there journeys to a better life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dna122)
    if you country was plagued by war you would jump to Europe the first chance you have
    Would we jump to Afghanistan though? Probably not.. :rolleyes:

but we will also be seconds rate
    Therein lies the problem, it's a hollow humanity, and unsustainable

I reckon the only reason why some of you might want to limit the number of refugees coming in is because you want to fit in
    Some truth in this but plenty fit in just fine but are more concerned with ensuring that our values/way of life aren't further degraded

you never will
    I've known plenty of immigrants who fit in

i think they can have there share of a new one
    Their share of what?

ReputationRep:
    in that case good luck to all on there journeys to a better life
    Good luck to you and your English lessons, you need them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Would we jump to Afghanistan though? Probably not.. :rolleyes:

Therein lies the problem, it's a hollow humanity, and unsustainable

Some truth in this but plenty fit in just fine but are more concerned with ensuring that our values/way of life aren't further degraded

I've known plenty of immigrants who fit in

Their share of what?
    Perhaps if the Western Europe and play games which effect people didn't bomb there countries you wouldnt have this problem,
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Good luck to you and your English lessons, you need them.
    suck my toes

ReputationRep:
    Absolute Sellouts.

I don't care if migrants come to this country, they are all the same as us, we will all struggle in life, you may enjoy your cushy life in the west, but let be real, if you country was plagued by war you would jump to Europe the first chance you have, I know I would, and I would jump to Western Europe, why??? Because thats were the money and opportunities are, everyone wants a new life, people will take they're chance it's our dream, but we will also be seconds rate, I reckon the only reason why some of you might want to limit the number of refugees coming in is because you want to fit in but you never will, these people will never get a proper chance to fit in either, they are torn by war and all they want is a new life, well i think they can have there share of a new one
    No one is saying they don't understand why the migrants are trying to get here. They're saying we shouldn't allow them to come here. Just cause it's in their best interests to live in the West, doesn't mean it's in ours to let them do so. By your logic, it should be okay for poor people to mug rich people; after all, you can understand why they do it, it's so they can afford food and shelter.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps if the Western Europe and play games which effect people didn't bomb there countries you wouldnt have this problem
    We'd still have this problem but it's fair to say that foreign policy blunders/related power vacuums haven't helped. That said, people in the Muslim/Third World are not without agency, on the whole, and they can't blame the West for all the world's ills indefinitely
    • Very Important Poster

Absolute Sellouts.

I dont think anyone doesnt understand why they come becayse they want a better life.

I do think its ok to object to them coming because it will cost everyone more taxes to pay for their free education, NHS , housing etc and we are cutting services already. We dont have to take the burden on of people wnating to enjoy those benefits. People have foought and died to make this country safe and relatively propserous.

Most people in this country are immigrants anyway. If you go back far enough they cmae over from one migration or another.

That said we have no choice but to let people in from the EU as thats part of it.

We need to let in and consider people who wnat to claim asylum as refugees here, becayse we signed a treaty agreeing to do so.

We dont have to accept economic migrants.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would go to australia because it's nearer to where i lived and i want a kangaroo as pet, but my mum chose britain because she likes to make money more

ReputationRep:
    Absolute Sellouts.

You want us to become a 3rd World Country

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.