Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im a first year student at uni. I have been thinking about getting a girlfriend at uni for the past year but with no luck. Anyone know how I can potential find a girlfriend. Not being desperate or anything, I just want to find a soulmate that I can sometimes spend time with.

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by sdf1444)
    Hi

Im a first year student at uni. I have been thinking about getting a girlfriend at uni for the past year but with no luck. Anyone know how I can potential find a girlfriend. Not being desperate or anything, I just want to find a soulmate that I can sometimes spend time with.

Thanks
    Are you part of any societies?

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and force it, when you do that it never works just let a relationship build on mutual grounds!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Are you part of any societies?
    Yes i am.

ReputationRep:
    Dont force it, just start talking to someone and hope for a spark, hang out a bit.

Dont go for someone on your course or a flatmate because if something goes wrong then it could be really awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieludgrove)
    Don't try and force it, when you do that it never works just let a relationship build on mutual grounds!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean by mutual grounds?

ReputationRep:
    Buy one on amazon.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Societies are probably the best way to meet new people, but if you do extra activities such as volunteering that just opens up more opportunities.

I haven't had any luck in my first year, personally, but from what I've seen it's the best option. You might be able to meet someone on a night out, but I wouldn't rely on it too much!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like i am missing out because some of my friends have girlfriends. Do you guys think i am missing out. What should I do for next year? Its just I dont want to finish uni without having made a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even lift, bruhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Buy one on amazon.co.uk
    10/10 would not do again

ReputationRep:
    Horse riding club is a cert.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is key here, just be outgoing & social. Societies a probably your best bet but try not to rush things, get to know the girl first, then after a while ask her out for a drink or something, after that hopefully something serious will develop, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    what a pathetic and depressing thread

(Original post by democracyforum)
    what a pathetic and depressing thread
    No its not. Now go away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.