Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently has been a worry/stress hell for me, combination of exams and relationship troubles. (mostly me worrying about things)

About 5 minutes ago my heart started to race, I got super sweaty and felt really short on breath and had an urge to just start crying. I couldnt stop fidgeting and heavy breathing..

I havent been to see my GP about being paranoid or having anxiety, but after what just happened I think I should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently has been a worry/stress hell for me, combination of exams and relationship troubles. (mostly me worrying about things)

About 5 minutes ago my heart started to race, I got super sweaty and felt really short on breath and had an urge to just start crying. I couldnt stop fidgeting and heavy breathing..

I havent been to see my GP about being paranoid or having anxiety, but after what just happened I think I should.
    Sorry you went through that it's not nice does sound like a panic attack but it's a good idea to see your GP to make sure and yes definitely mention the paranoia and anxiety. Hope you're okay now :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like that is a panic attack, the best thing to do when having one is to try your hardest to control your breathing, because the hyperventilating limits the amount of oxygen you take in and this can make you pass out. Also if your struggling with anxiety the best thing to do is go see your GP and they can refer you some treatment, such as talking therapy, which is designed to help you find out the cause of your anxiety and teach you how to control it. It can also help just to talk to someone. Anxiety can be a real pain, I'm sorry your experiencing it.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Sorry you went through that it's not nice does sound like a panic attack but it's a good idea to see your GP to make sure and yes definitely mention the paranoia and anxiety. Hope you're okay now :hugs:
    (Original post by Leafy leafy)
    It sounds like that is a panic attack, the best thing to do when having one is to try your hardest to control your breathing, because the hyperventilating limits the amount of oxygen you take in and this can make you pass out. Also if your struggling with anxiety the best thing to do is go see your GP and they can refer you some treatment, such as talking therapy, which is designed to help you find out the cause of your anxiety and teach you how to control it. It can also help just to talk to someone. Anxiety can be a real pain, I'm sorry your experiencing it.
    Thank you both for the responses, yeah it wasnt very nice

I went to my local clinic today and booked an appointment with my GP, unfortunately the only available time is in two weeks... I'll have to try and cope until then.

If it happens again i'll try my best to control my breathing, I tried talking to my parents about my worries and they just seemed to make it worse, filling my head with more things that could go wrong. For now i'll stick with my GP and close friends.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah that sounds like a moderate panic attack. So sorry you experienced this. Panics are horrible and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. Hope it was just an once off for you :hugs:

If you are into reading or audiotapes then I can't recommend the works of Dr Claire Weekes enough. They were my life line when I was housebound from panics but her books help people with mild panics all the way to housebound by anxiety and they are definitely worth checking out
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.