Hello, I'm currently stuck between these two universities for the course of Joint Honours Economics and Geography.
I was originally planning to firm Exeter, but I got an offer from the Cornwall campus which is way too far for me, as I discovered as I drove there (5 hours, and it's 6/7 hours by train). Never again.
I've considered the advantages and disadvantages, but I can't seem to make up my mind.
- Offers a Year in Industry
- Degree has a much higher graduate employment rate than the one offered at Birmingham
- Better accommodation at a cheaper price
- 2.5 hours away
- Campus is very... concrete-based. Business school is very nice though
- The North = cold
- Closer (50 minutes away)
- Better 'reputation'?
- Nicer, greener campus
- Very familiar with city (been to Bham so many times...)
- No Year in Industry offered
- Not great employability stats for my degree
- Accommodation is fairly expensive
- Family have said they'll visit at least one a fortnight... Not sure if I want that
Kind of a head vs heart decision.
What are the downsides?