Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does such thing even exist in this country? Our current ISP just drives me nuts For the past couple of hours voila no problems but now just keeps dropping every 5 minutes... Some days it's 101% perfect, some days (..............................) :erm:

If you phone them, they'll guide you through all that crap that doesn't solve the problem, they just don't want to bother doing anything.. I guess it's just my area that sucks but c'mon, how come some smaller countries have 10 times better and more reliable internet providers compared to England :erm:

My sister is the customer of this ISP and she took Wifi since there are 4 of us that use the Internet but I'm thinking about getting my own broadband since my patience is dropping like flies with this crap service :unimpressed:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Does such thing even exist in this country? Our current ISP just drives me nuts For the past couple of hours voila no problems but now just keeps dropping every 5 minutes... Some days it's 101% perfect, some days (..............................) :erm:

If you phone them, they'll guide you through all that crap that doesn't solve the problem, they just don't want to bother doing anything.. I guess it's just my area that sucks but c'mon, how come some smaller countries have 10 times better and more reliable internet providers compared to England :erm:

My sister is the customer of this ISP and she took Wifi since there are 4 of us that use the Internet but I'm thinking about getting my own broadband since my patience is dropping like flies with this crap service :unimpressed:
    Virgin Media — cannot recommend them enough. Seriously. We had a problem with our router and they dispatched a brand new one, no fees, no questions asked.

Also moved this to a more relevant section :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    If it's dropping all the time then I'm guessing that you're using Wifi. There's many things that can affect your signal quality. From poor laptop wireless hardware, low transmission power from the router or just lots of interference.

how come some smaller countries have 10 times better and more reliable internet providers compared to England :erm:
    Because they're smaller! They're cheaper to wire up and in terms of operations, they manage fewer sites.

my patience is dropping like flies with this crap service :unimpressed:
    Maybe someone is hogging all your bandwidth, thereby triggering your ISP's throttling. Try restarting the router, too.

I mean, by the sounds of it, the problem is more to do with your set-up locally rather than what's actually arriving to the door. Heck, if the ISP was this bad they wouldn't even pass the service level agreements initially when the engineer was wiring the building up.

If you continue to have problems, call a techie friend, there's many problems that could be the cause here, and someone will need to take the time to diagnose them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.