The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM: MA Fashion Communication (2017 Entry)

Hey!

I hope you're all good. I'm manyvillages, and I am planning to apply for MA Fashion Communication and Promotion at CSM. I was wondering if anyone is also planning to do a similar Masters at CSM. It would also be nice to here from current or past students!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by manyvillages
Hey!

I hope you're all good. I'm manyvillages, and I am planning to apply for MA Fashion Communication and Promotion at CSM. I was wondering if anyone is also planning to do a similar Masters at CSM. It would also be nice to here from current or past students!

Thanks!

When do you plan to apply? I am wondering because I applied for the course about a week ago. :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I'm looking to send my application in around September/October, I want to pretty much spend a month or two redesigning my portfolio and my website to capture the essence of what I do and what I want to focus on. How did you do your submission portfolio, did you use your website?
Reply 3
I used my web site(drop box). As I know, The only way to apply for the course is through online from this year. By the way, I recommend that you hurry because they give the answer slowly..kk And you will need some time to prepare the interview(if you are an international student). The course is competitive and getting more than last year.
Were they pictures of your portfolio in a dropbox or an actual site? To be honest I am waiting on the open-day also, once I've been and gotten a proper grasp of the course I will be able to apply property. I'm not a International Student, I'm graduating from another UAL college this year. But yeah, my main concern is taking the course without first seeing it and getting a live preview. I've made the mistake of not checking out a course before I do it and I want to ensure that this one is for me.
Reply 5
Were they pictures of your portfolio in a dropbox or an actual site? To be honest I am waiting on the open-day also, once I've been and gotten a proper grasp of the course I will be able to apply property. I'm not a International Student, I'm graduating from another UAL college this year. But yeah, my main concern is taking the course without first seeing it and getting a live preview. I've made the mistake of not checking out a course before I do it and I want to ensure that this one is for me.

I uploaded my projects on Dropbox(site) and wrote the site link in the box that they gave me in the email after I had finished online application. Flickr is also a recommendable site. You may check it out. :smile:
This course is suitable for people who want to be a creative director, graphic designer, film maker, photographer or stylist in fashion industry like image makers. And It is kinda communication design focused on fashion. FYI, There are few fashion communication courses in London! By the way, I so envy of you not an international student. :O
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah. Did you show research and such? I'm considering designing a site and just having it all on there in an immersive experience, then making a physical portfolio for whenever they do the interview. Yeah, I've been working in fashion for the last three/four years as a freelance creative director and and as a buyer and creative for a menswear boutique. How about you?
Reply 7
Yes, I did. I have been longing for only this course and the city, Fashion Communication and London.. !!
I just graduated from un University, no career. :tongue: I really wanted to learn more FCP that is not the same course I majored in.
You are amazing and have many experiences in fashion industry. As you said above, Making a site is clever and impressive! Way better than me. :smile:
I recommend do not gather all your work, divide them into subject, concept or making year whatever you think things relevant to each other. There are simple research and inspirations in my portfolio and I organized them in methods of work, named the files like [Name-(1)] and uploaded in order(I made). Research and development are really x100 important in MA because it is academic area.
Anyway, are you a British?
Reply 8
Original post by Hyemin
I used my web site(drop box). As I know, The only way to apply for the course is through online from this year. By the way, I recommend that you hurry because they give the answer slowly..kk And you will need some time to prepare the interview(if you are an international student). The course is competitive and getting more than last year.

Yes! ridiculous, they took 4 months to make me a conditional offer - I thought they simply forgot about my application, lol. (It was for Innovation Management not Fashion Communication tho)
Also when you ask things by e-mail they reply once in ten, I'm getting seriously worried. I'm not sure I can deal with that slow administration for the next two years.
Reply 9
Original post by rbgpwer
Yes! ridiculous, they took 4 months to make me a conditional offer - I thought they simply forgot about my application, lol. (It was for Innovation Management not Fashion Communication tho)
Also when you ask things by e-mail they reply once in ten, I'm getting seriously worried. I'm not sure I can deal with that slow administration for the next two years.

w,,ow.. It does not make sense.:O Did they lose your application..? or You applied during the busy period?
You were a saint and really good at waiting because I applied about 2 weeks ago and I am dying. Just forget about University and go hang out with your people.. That's all I can advise ........ plus the offer letter, Congratulations!!
Reply 10
I also have an online portfolio, but with organising my work do you think it is best to organise it via separation into photography, film, journalism etc, or by the time that they were created or what? And does anyone know when interviews usually are (if I even managed to get one) as I am just wondering how long I would have to fully do a physical portfolio? Thanks!
Hi all,I have applied for MA Fashion Comms: Journalism Pathway starting in January - anyone here has been through the process of interview?? If so, how did you find it? anything in particular to be prepared on? types of questions asked? Pretty please!!! Thank you in Advance!
Hey!

Thanks!

Hello manyvillages, I am planning to go for FCP too at CSM, but for 2018 intake.
Its nice to hear from someone who is also working towards getting into the same course! How were your portfolio preps ?
Original post by vampvamp
Hi all,I have applied for MA Fashion Comms: Journalism Pathway starting in January - anyone here has been through the process of interview?? If so, how did you find it? anything in particular to be prepared on? types of questions asked? Pretty please!!! Thank you in Advance!

Hey there!

I've applied to start this January as wel, but I'll go for the Communication and Promotion pathway. I'm still working on the portfolio, I'm in a bit of a rush!!! but feeling confident about it.
Did you have the interview already? If so, how was it?

Good luck! xx
Hey! Even I have applied for the course. Has your interview happened already? If so how was it. I was so confused with what should a journalism portfolio have..
What should a Fashion Communication portfolio contain? I’m so confused! Also I have doubts between fashion communication and fashion trends forecasting...
Not sure if this post is still active...

I just wondered when you found out of you were successful or not... with the CSM course starting Jan and LCF starting September I’m trying to work out work out my options with application and wait timelines.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending