Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Everything is correlated watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you say I'm crazy to say this?

Everything has a correlation you just need to form the right algorithm.

Who agrees? and who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    Would you say I'm crazy to say this?

Everything has a correlated you just need to form the right algorithm.

Who agrees? and who doesn't?
    Have you ever done statistcs? Lol. I don't think you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Have you ever done statistcs? Lol. I don't think you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everything is correlated to something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy571)
    Everything is correlated to something
    There's such a thing called 0 correlation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's such a thing called 0 correlation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats just in theory.

In the real world everything is correlated to something

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, there is a correlation for everything. There will always be an algorithm for anything we do, exists or doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    Thats just in theory.

In the real world everything is correlated to something
    (Original post by Drunq)
    Agreed, there is a correlation for everything. There will always be an algorithm for anything we do, exists or doesn't exist.
    You two need to stay in school. And greatguy you need to do something with your life other than making accounts all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You two need to stay in school. And greatguy you need to do something with your life other than making accounts all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think its you that needs to think outside the box and apply statistics to the real world

Everything that happens has a common determinant for it happening

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please do not get mad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't mean you lash out when someone doesn't agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    Please do not get mad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't mean you lash out when someone doesn't agree with you.
    Opinion? There's no opinion to be had here. It's either truth or false. What you two are saying is false. This isn't philosophy it's simple mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think its you that needs to think outside the box and apply statistics to the real world

Everything that happens has a common determinant for it happening
    I agree, people who keep their statistics within a book have no potential of discovering new things in life. I think people should be open minded for everything and be able to apply everything to life.

ReputationRep:
    Opinion? There's no opinion to be had here. It's either truth or false. What you two are saying is false. This isn't philosophy it's simple mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can make an algorithm with any amount of set data. If you learn this, you'll understand the point being made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    You can make an algorithm with any amount of set data. If you learn this, you'll understand the point being made.
    You're talking pseudoscience okay. Stick to your social sciences ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're talking pseudoscience okay. Stick to your social sciences ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think bringing multiple sciences into the question, will improve the conclusion don't you think ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    I think bringing multiple sciences into the question, will improve the conclusion don't you think ?
    No. Only the natural sciences are worth their salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. Only the natural sciences are worth their salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if ya say so(!) ( :

You can use Spearman's rank to see if two sets of data have a correlation or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    You can use Spearman's rank to see if two sets of data have a correlation or not.
    the whole point is to say it is possible. Maybe some collations in comparison aren't possible (e.g weight of yourself compared to weight of atoms around you). Whereas everything by itself has a correlation and can be determined with an algorithm (e.g predict when it'll snow) Taking into account every variable, which may include climate change, human interactions, CO2 emissions, location. It'll be possible to form an algorithm supporting this. However all this data has to be available to you. (Past, present and future).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunq)
    the whole point is to say it is possible. Maybe some collations in comparison aren't possible (e.g weight of yourself compared to weight of atoms around you). Whereas everything by itself has a correlation and can be determined with an algorithm (e.g predict when it'll snow) Taking into account every variable, which may include climate change, human interactions, CO2 emissions, location. It'll be possible to form an algorithm supporting this. However all this data has to be available to you. (Past, present and future).
    Predicting the whether is based on chaos theory and not simple "correlations". You're way out of your depth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Predicting the whether is based on chaos theory and not simple "correlations". You're way out of your depth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I gave an example, if you had data from the past, present and future, it is possible to make an algorithm for it and from that a correlation would be formed. I'm talking theoretically, not saying it is possible in the presence, but if the universe ends or not, it would be possible to get any algorithm done for any event that has happened within the universe.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.