The Student Room Group

would my chances be lower?

hi there, i have decided to study english lit, history, sociology and psychology. however, my original choice was english lit, history, philosophy and psychology but due to the way the subjects are set out - i can't pick philosophy but instead sociology.

i would like to get into a russell group university and study philosophy or history. (maybe subjects that are linked with them too idk)

would my chances getting into a russell group university be reduced as i am not studying three facilitating subjects. of course, i intend to gain work experience/volunteer during the holidays to do with the course i would like to do in university. any thoughts and opinions? thanks :-)
No lol what you're doing is fine
Reply 2
your options are perfect. if youre aiming for oxbridge or a top russell group uni like durham then maybe keep english and history at A2 and drop one of the other two instead, but honestly those are fine. As ive said elsewhere, im at oxford and ive got friends who did art, film studies and psychology A Levels and they still got here :smile:
History, English lit and psychology are definitely respected subjects. Sociology not so much but you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
History, English lit and psychology are definitely respected subjects. Sociology not so much but you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with sociology ? It's essay based ? In terms of writing skills physcology and sociology are using the same techniques ?

Quick Reply

Latest