Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else going to university aged 20 this year? watch

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if any of you people will be aged 20 when you go to uni this year? I'd like to hear from other people in my position. That is, specifically aged 20, not 'almost 20' or older than 20. I ask because I feel 20 is an interesting age to go to uni at, because you are neither classed as 'fresh out of sixth form' or 'mature', so kinda like a limbo. Also you have to explain why you are TWO years older as opposed to one year like the standard gap year fresher.

Is there anyone else out there like me?!

ReputationRep:
    I am! such a weird age also because during 1st year i'll turn 21 wheras my sister had just graduated when she turned 21

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    I am! such a weird age also because during 1st year i'll turn 21 wheras my sister had just graduated when she turned 21
    So how come you didn't go at 18?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So how come you didn't go at 18?
    I actually went to one for a year and failed due to a number of things even if i had passed i would have dropped out anyways.
    I was never mature enough/in the right headspace to go straight after sixth form tbh, how about you?

I actually went to one for a year and failed due to a number of things even if i had passed i would have dropped out anyways.
    I was never mature enough/in the right headspace to go straight after sixth form tbh, how about you?
    Did three years at sixth form, went to uni, didn't like the course, dropped out and reapplied. Feel really embarrassed tbh because I feel as if I'm seen as the idiot who can't make decisions and failure for dropping out. I'll be two years 'behind' my cohort and I feel as if I haven't gone about things the 'correct' way, but oh well, what can I do... *sigh*

when the course starts i will be twenty but 'freshers' week i will be 19.

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if any of you people will be aged 20 when you go to uni this year? I'd like to hear from other people in my position. That is, specifically aged 20, not 'almost 20' or older than 20. I ask because I feel 20 is an interesting age to go to uni at, because you are neither classed as 'fresh out of sixth form' or 'mature', so kinda like a limbo. Also you have to explain why you are TWO years older as opposed to one year like the standard gap year fresher.

Is there anyone else out there like me?!
    Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did three years at sixth form, went to uni, didn't like the course, dropped out and reapplied. Feel really embarrassed tbh because I feel as if I'm seen as the idiot who can't make decisions and failure for dropping out. I'll be two years 'behind' my cohort and I feel as if I haven't gone about things the 'correct' way, but oh well, what can I do... *sigh*
    Omg I feel the exact same. I am really decisive tbh and I also feel like I've let my family down because I have a lot to live up to. Oh well hopefully this year will bring better things, good luck!

Omg I feel the exact same. I am really decisive tbh and I also feel like I've let my family down because I have a lot to live up to. Oh well hopefully this year will bring better things, good luck!
    Thanks, you too!

Why so 'late'?

Why so 'late'?
    Some girls are into older guys so there shouldn't be much competition. Also, older people tend to be more experienced in bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two of my closest friends and my brother all went to uni at 20, but my closest group of friends on my course have an age range of 18-24 and none of us really think anything of it and we haven't had any issues regardless of age.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting uni this year and I turned 20 in March

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just be aware that I'm only interested in hearing from people who will already be 20 by the time they start, thus being 2 years 'late'. There has been 2 "almost be twenty" replies to my OP despite be specifying otherwise.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.