Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm wondering if there were any advice out there to help my current situation. I started the mini pill, I cannot take the combined due to my mum having a mini stroke, back in September 2014. This caused me to bleed every day for a year so I change up my pill for noriday which again caused another 6 months of bleeding. The doctor refers me to gyno since I have suspected PCOS in the past and I start taking a double dose of cerezette every day to stop the bleeding, however this doesn't help and I now get intense pain during sex where I had to stop it altogether after 2 months. I still get the pain every time, just not as painful as it was on the pill. My gyno really did not want to test me since he made out I was just being delusional, he also stated because I'm very slim I can't possibly have pcos, despite my aunt having it and herself being very slim. Regardless I had an internal scan which came back fine and blood work I've yet to hear about. I was instructed to take 2 months off any birth control so I can get a regular period again and just let my body adjust, due to have my appointment next week and still no period! I'm still having bad pain during sex and I now have to decide between the IUD or IUS which I really don't want. Won't give me the depo shot since I'm very slim and it can cause brittle bones, so this is my only option. It's all very overwhelming and I don't know what to do in regards to my health, the pain, birth control and the gyno. Any advice?

Sorry for being so lengthy, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Could you ask your doctor if the implant would be suitable? It uses the same hormone as the mini pill and depo but is a lower dose so is suppose to be less likely to have the same side effects. I've had the IUD for three years and never really had much of a problem with it; I can understand you not being keen on it though.

(Original post by gemmam)
    Could you ask your doctor if the implant would be suitable? It uses the same hormone as the mini pill and depo but is a lower dose so is suppose to be less likely to have the same side effects. I've had the IUD for three years and never really had much of a problem with it; I can understand you not being keen on it though.
    I've been told by doctors and family planning to not have the implant due to my bad reactions to the mini pill. It's all very frustrating.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If the implant is out, then the injection is totally out - you can remove the implant if there are problems, but you're stuck with the effects of the injection for months.

Is a combination of condoms + fertility awareness reliable enough for you? With no hormonal contraception and nothing possibly increasing the chance of the pain, you've then got a chance to get that sorted.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.