Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know your partner is the one? Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    People in relationships often say they've found "the one" but.. How do you know your partner is the one?

ReputationRep:
    Is this what people in China call their children?

ReputationRep:
    It's just a feeling. When you look at this person you can envisage your whole future with them and are happy with it. Everything between you just fits together well.

or if you're cynical, anybody can be the one - it's just the person you can tolerate the most and wouldn't object to a long-term future with.

ReputationRep:
    They are riding the waves of dopamine-induced euphoria. How many of these people end up actually staying with the one the declare to be 'the one'? I know I've declared more than one 'ones'.
    Relationships are friction and compromise and soul searching. In the end you settle with the least worst person who just about ticks most of your boxes.

ReputationRep:
    If she know what the offside rule means
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I realised my partner was the one for me when I realised he was as much of a crazy cat person as I an

But in all seriousness, it's a feeling I've only felt once while with someone and it came after years of knowing him and being together and him helping me through the good and bad times and making me happier than anyone else ever did. I do believe there can be multiple people out there who you could feel so strongly for and have a great relationship but there will always be one that top trumps the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually when people who use this term love somebody a hell of a lot and have been with them a while they then end up calling that person "the one" so um... that, I guess.

(Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Is this what people in China call their children?
    I always thought it was mexicans that called their kids "the Juan"....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Usually when people who use this term love somebody a hell of a lot and have been with them a while they then end up calling that person "the one" so um... that, I guess.

I always thought it was mexicans that called their kids "the Juan"....
    Haha, I was making an obscure preference to the one child policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Haha, I was making an obscure preference to the one child policy.
    jesus christ now that I understand what you were going for that's actually genius

ReputationRep:
    i just can't figure it out if he is the one
    i'll just wait for God to give me some signs that proves me that he is the one :cute:

ReputationRep:
    You decide they are the one.

That what happens when you get married. A vow is a decision to make them the one.

ReputationRep:
    Older than 25, together 5 years, 2 of which living together and still fancy the pants off her and feel enthusiastic about the relationship, is a reasonable sign.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.