Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    so I'm a complete newbie who knows nothing about cars or the rules of driving. Literally the only thing I know rules I know about driving is zebra crossing, and the red amber green on traffic lights.

How did you revise for your driving theory test? Did you use an app? or a CD or book?
    How long does it take to study for it in order to pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Hey,
    so I'm a complete newbie who knows nothing about cars or the rules of driving. Literally the only thing I know rules I know about driving is zebra crossing, and the red amber green on traffic lights.

How did you revise for your driving theory test? Did you use an app? or a CD or book?
    How long does it take to study for it in order to pass?
    Depends on each person

Google it, theory free tests. It's a good method of practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Depends on each person

Google it, theory free tests. It's a good method of practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you do it?

Tests? I haven't even studied it yet...

ReputationRep:
    I used a book called The Official DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers, it had loads of practice questions along with the answers. I also used a website called TheoryTestPro, which you can sign up to. It has practice questions on each topic as well as mock theory tests for you to practice with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I used a book called The Official DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers, it had loads of practice questions along with the answers. I also used a website called TheoryTestPro, which you can sign up to. It has practice questions on each topic as well as mock theory tests for you to practice with
    I can't start doing mock tests as I haven't studied the theory yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    I can't start doing mock tests as I haven't studied the theory yet.
    You don't need to do any mock tests straight away, you can just learn the theory first
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    DVSA also have an app, I think about £4.99 which is amazing. I think it's pretty much the book but in an app, with the highway code, mock tests, and hazard perception practice as well...

I used just the app as practice, and passed pretty damn well if I do say so myself

ReputationRep:
    I used the official app too! Passed first time, honestly it's really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used an app which was about £1.99 and it was really useful. I also used this website: http://toptests.co.uk/ which is amazing!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.