Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I use to pray salah when I was in year 8 and I noticed that I use to do well in my tests.........but now I stopped I started to get bad grades. Not really bad but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    I use to pray salah when I was in year 8 and I noticed that I use to do well in my tests.........but now I stopped I started to get bad grades. Not really bad but yeah.
    You shouldn't be praying just to get good grades, but yes pray fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    You shouldn't be praying just to get good grades, but yes pray fam
    I wouldn't just pray for good grades lol.

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstition

Yep it's all psychological.

ReputationRep:
    The salah is what makes Muslims different to everyone else. A pillar of the religion. We should read upon the importance of salah in sha Allah; understand why you're doing it; understand what we believe in. Some scholars say that missing salah intentionally takes you out the fold of Islam. So it's something very important for a Muslim, to perform his/her 5 daily prayers. A reminder for myself firstly. Take it easy sis.

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely start praying asap. Don't waste any time.
    It is the first thing you will be asked about on the Day of Judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    The salah is what makes Muslims different to everyone else. A pillar of the religion. We should read upon the importance of salah in sha Allah; understand why you're doing it; understand what we believe in. Some scholars say that missing salah takes you out the fold of Islam. So it's something very important for a Muslim, to perform his/her 5 daily prayers. A reminder for myself firstly. Take it easy sis.
    Ok thank you for responding to my thread. Inshallah I will practise reading salah at first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yes definitely start praying asap. Don't waste any time.
    It is the first thing you will be asked about on the Day of Judgement.
    Yeah, I know I heard that and my mum keeps telling me to pray.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise you to spend the time revising instead tbh

ReputationRep:
    I never prayed before and I always got high grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    Yep it's all psychological.
    Tbh if it works like a placaebo, why not?

Start praying Salah again. Ngl when I pray Fajr in the morning, I feel so at peace. Pray and you'll notice the differences.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    I'd advise you to spend the time revising instead tbh
    In total, the 5 prayers take about an hour... Maybe a bit more. She probably won't be revising during those times anyway.

Tbh im gay with a horrible experience with religion and i still try to pray my salah whenever I can. I should step it up as well but keep at it sis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerpuff Girls)
    Yet you've admitted that you thirst for dark chocolate men and like to sleep around.:rolleyes:
    Ooooooooooo. SHOTS FIRED.

(Original post by HuzaifahN)
    Ooooooooooo. SHOTS FIRED.
    Not really. He thinks he knows about my life and is in a place to judge 🙄

ReputationRep:
    I really understand where your coming from, it's also the general outcome of life it's as though somthing is missing and we're empty once that islam is with you like praying salah things starts to fall into place again - honestly tried and tested you will never regret it, once you have the habit you won't even want to miss salah again because of the outlook of life - success is prayers and hardwork always remember that
    In SHAA Allah you start praying and Allah guides you to the right path and Jannah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm too lazy to google, what does Salah mean to non-muslims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinny1900)
    I'm too lazy to google, what does Salah mean to non-muslims?
    Compulsory prayer.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.