Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is all of the Pre-Release data, this can be found on the OCR website however I thought i'd post here to provide some for you all! This is the Data, Pre release scenario and the practice spreadsheet that we have been provided from OCR themselves.

Have a lot of fun with this Pre-Release data and I wish everyone good luck for the exam this summer! I will be taking the exam my very self so I hope it is all a good exam!!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf PreRelease W46574A GCE APPLIED ICT 6953 June 2016.pdf (226.4 KB, 209 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: txt july_tides_practice.txt (2.9 KB, 72 views)
  4. File Type: xlsx LML_practice.xlsx (235.6 KB, 100 views)

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any idea of the formulas needed for the spreadsheet? - my teachers and all the students have been struggling to work it all out. If you do, can you please send me them
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sure! Basically the data has to be inserted into the large area of the spreadsheet (as usual) then you go on over to the selection worksheet. Here on the right you see lots of pink. In the visits, it will be a count if, the statistic tide start is a vlookup of the tide start and end on the same sheet. For example the first one for tide start is: =VLOOKUP(H14,'Data'!A12:O20,9,FA LSE) (You may wanna cell reference st some point) if you tell that to your teacher, you will probably set their mind going. However if not, I will be able to go into more depth when home from college tonight

ReputationRep:
    You're a lifesaver, we are still struggling as there seems to be an error with the vlookup which we are doing, would you please go into more detail just so I can test this out and hand the spreadsheet to my teacher (as well as your information)

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Also, one quick question, if the tide start and end on the selection sheet is sheet referenced to the data worksheet, why would we need a vlookup sheet reference to the data sheet? I have used this formula and have come up with the same answer =vlookup (H14,$A$14E$19,4,FALSE)

ReputationRep:
    How about we create a whatsapp group..it will be easy to communicate
    People who wants to be in the group..send their numbers plz😂👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    Okay sorry or this late reply. Attached I have provided my current spreadsheet that I have completed for the pre-release. You will notice that for the depth in/out and clearance in/out I have entered <= and >=. This is because if you look in the scenario you will notice that for each attraction (or most) there will be a depth limitation and height limitation. For seal flats the sea level must be below 3.8m. If you look in the sights worksheet you will notice the heights each attraction has. The depth will be the lower number and the clearance will be the higher number. Take a little look of this spreadsheet I am providing here and it will show you what I mean. For reference, we have also found that the worksheet has been purposely jeopardised to ensure that you are unable to get the correct solution, meaning that you will have to find it during the exam.
    That's just a little bit of help for you!
    Enjoy!
    Anything else I will be available until Tuesday, then from Thursday to Monday and then I will be available Wednesday because I exam for IT is on the Thursday.
    Attached Files
  5. File Type: xlsx LML_practice.xlsx (243.8 KB, 82 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.