Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Firstly, I really need help with my choices after Year 11 (currently 15!) as i want to know what are the best qualifications for a computer technician. Because i personally enjoy fixing computers, installing software, making sure that the whole work place has a constant network (WLAN or LAN) as I'm very passionate about computers. So what are your guy thoughts on what courses i should do because my GCSE target grades are at least 5 C's and hopefully 1 B or a A in my computing subject that I've taken as a choice.

I can't wait for your responses!.

Many thanks,
    Xiom

ReputationRep:
    Level 3 Extended BTEC IT although you would be more skilled than what is required to be a technician so you could do something that would pay you a lot more money

ReputationRep:
    Imo? No qualifications required, drop out now. If you know how to do those things, you're already better than 80% of successful computer techs.

That said, if you want to go beyond that (you've hinted at networking), have you considered something like being a network/systems engineer? Better pay, same kind of problems and tasks (but on a grander scale, with extra challenges).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.