Turn on thread page Beta

What many people fail to appreciate about TSR is.. watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    that we are a community. I've seen a lot of people bash the site on YouTube, other forums and constantly attack it when it is unnecessary. I am not going to lie, the troll threads are tedious, many of the threads are repetitive (probably this one too) and some people attention seek but for the rest of us, we've bonded and that itself is something to take note of. Some of us on here have met up/Skyped/WhatsApp'ed and connected. We have a laugh, we talk about serious issues but most of all, we've made friends from all over the world, some nearby and the rest only several hours away.

What I love about the site is that you can talk to someone you may not have spoken to before or perhaps felt intimidated to but after you begin a conversation, you instantly clicked. Some of us on here may struggle socially to make friends and that's where TSR comes in. It allows those to come together and become the best friend of friends.

Fair enough, some new users may feel 'inferior' to the much older, more active users but in fact once you get started on the site, you can't stop! I've been on here for nearly eight months and it was the best decision ever.

If I want advice in terms of studying, I can just make a thread and people studying the same subjects as me can bond. We can help each other out. Even if TSR is distracting, there are many people in the same boat who struggle to become motivated and thus suffer with procrastination.

Lastly, the mods do an amazing job and every time I have a complaint to make, they are there and make sure that it is being dealt with.

Without TSR, I wouldn't have the friends I do today. I wouldn't like certain music and I would certainly feel alone at times. This sounds cheesy but I just wanted to say this because a lot of you are amazing and deserve to hear it!

:hugs:
    • Section Leader
    • Answer Heroes
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Answer Heroes
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like brown-nosing to me

ReputationRep:
    i dont have anything else to add in
    bang on :top:

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww Rhythmical that's such a lovely post! I definitely can relate to the second paragraph too and I agree with the others
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Might want to check that final paragraph
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Without TSR not With TSR at the beginning of it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by M14B)
    Sounds like brown-nosing to me
    Nope, just someone who feels as if some people just don't appreciate this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Awwwww Rhythmical that's such a lovely post! I definitely can relate to the second paragraph too and I agree with the others
    You had to ruin it with your grammatical genius(ness)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i dont have anything else to add in
    bang on :top:

Thanks, that was awkward I just spotted it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rhythmical! :hugs:

I completly see where you are coming from, and i actually agree! It seems as tho tsr doesnt seem to be apprecitated as it should be by some users

PS thank you for tagging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I LOVE TSR! like many of us do...
    :hugs:
    Well said sis....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I shortened your text to 2 sentences, cos it was mad long... Just got straight to the point

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant thread!!
    I agree 100% with you!
    I have no friends in person but have many on here and im a lot happier than i was beforehand!!
    I never knew it would be so much fun to be on here.
    Ive connected with lots of people and i therefore decided to start a blog about some issues id like to share.
    Rhythmical, thanks for posting this!!
    I remember i felt a little inferior but i responded to peoples posts in threads and got chatting to them that way!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Hey Rhythmical! :hugs:

I completly see where you are coming from, and i actually agree! It seems as tho tsr doesnt seem to be apprecitated as it should be by some users

PS thank you for tagging!
    It just made me think, how much people on here make me happy and how amazing they are. It's more than a study help forum. And your welcome!

I like TSR :moon:

ReputationRep:
    TSR is certainly pretty good as an educational resource as well ya.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hardly a lovely post, people have a right to say anything they want and if you don't like it, don't read it. It's up to you, not them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Well said sis....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I shortened your text to 2 sentences, cos it was mad long... Just got straight to the point
    I like long winded paragraphs

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Brilliant thread!!
    I agree 100% with you!
    I have no friends in person but have many on here and im a lot happier than i was beforehand!!
    I never knew it would be so much fun to be on here.
    Ive connected with lots of people and i therefore decided to start a blog about some issues id like to share.
    Rhythmical, thanks for posting this!!
    I remember i felt a little inferior but i responded to peoples posts in threads and got chatting to them that way!!
    I know, that's the beauty of it. A lot of people fail to appreciate it - it's more than just a website and everyone is so welcoming and friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    You had to ruin it with your grammatical genius(ness)
    :getmecoat:
    Thanks, that was awkward I just spotted it.
    You're welcome. Oh I see Thanks for tagging btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :o:getmecoat:

You're welcome. Oh I see Thanks for tagging btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome, and yeah it got awkward lol. I just think some people might take this the wrong way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    TSR has a lovely community and that's what keeps me coming back, although sometimes i'm able to stay away for a week or so but mostly, it is cosy. *_*

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, and yeah it got awkward lol. I just think some people might take this the wrong way.
    Haha fair enough :rofl:

Some people will but that's the way everything goes - you can't please everyone. I really liked it though
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.