Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi! Can any of you tell me the best places to study arts based courses? Are proper institutions better than normal colleges for eexample? :confused: Where do you recommend for foundation diploma courses?

And do your grades matter? To what extent are they used?

ReputationRep:
    there are loads of places. as a rule tho, yes colleges tend to be better than the uni's, but some colleges are bad, and some uni's are good.

But you want to do foundation? I say stay local, most people do. I was going to stay and do a foundation course in the local college. its doesnt really matter where u go to do this, its like a year (not even that) and its the work u have to show for it afterwards that the degree courses will look at.

but then if you are really good and really want to move out you can go elsewhere for foundation courses, such as the arts university in London, Bournemouth or other places.

do u have any idea what u want to do after the foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I'd love to do a degree in maybe illustration and/or graphic design afterwards... its my main area of strength, i'd say. My art teech thinks so too. Its been my dream to do a creative job when im older!

WOuld it hinder my chances of going to a top notch arts place in future if i chose to so a foundation course at a local coll/uni? Does it imply, i'm not good enough? Does it make any difference at all, do u think? :confused:

Where are u going? What do u plan on doing?

ReputationRep:
    no i dont think it would hinder you. most ppl do them at local places, cos only a few big places do them. its up to you, but no i dont think it would hinder you.

i was told to do a foundation course by my school but i didnt want to do one. so i just applied straight from a level. I got 300/300 for my a/s level an that made them realise i was better than they thought, an so i'm off to falmouth college of arts to do a graphic design degree.

pm me if u need any advice

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.