The Student Room Group

I really want to do Computer Science but...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
She's not saying 'it's invalid', she's saying a sample size of ~11 and ~25 out of a graduating class that's at least 10-20x of the latter is hardly representative.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unrepresentative, hence invalid.

Original post by PQ
No - I'm emphasising the the population with salary data is a subset of the overall graduating class. Unemployed or further study graduates aren't even ASKED for their salary/income information.

If only 2/3 of a degree graduates are employed then it doesn't matter how much those graduates are paid - it doesn't indicate that the course is desirable to employers.

Again you're citing the 'invalid' study. And anyway, are you really suggesting that computing is not a desirable course? Technology is probably one of the fastest growing industries in the world and you think a computing (engineering) degree from the UK's second best uni in the field is not desirable to employers.
Original post by Jabberjay_
Unrepresentative, hence invalid.

Again you're citing the 'invalid' study. And anyway, are you really suggesting that computing is not a desirable course? Technology is probably one of the fastest growing industries in the world and you think a computing (engineering) degree from the UK's second best uni in the field is not desirable to employers.

Good luck at Imperial
Original post by Vinny1900
CS isn't that useful, it is too general.

You're an idiot.

Original post by iRighteous
I really want to do CS but so far every University I have seen is asking for a B in maths, and I only a hold a C. I've always wanted to do CS as well. At the moment am in college (first year) doing BTEC ICT LVL2 in Software develop doing level 3 next year. If i can't do CS due to my C then there is no point of me doing level 3 i suppose...Can anyone like clear things out a little is there a possibility or something

- Thanks

Swansea will accept you onto the foundation course where they teach you the specific maths you need, then you go straight onto the course.
Original post by Plagioclase
Computer Science actually has one of the highest unemployment rates out of STEM courses at university.

Which universities is this for? The university I'm going to is an average university but it has 96-100% employment rate after 6 months for the past 5 years in computer science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending