Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I fasted today, which took a lot of energy n courage from me because I can't stand fasting becuz I'm greedy n luv food. I only fasted as I missed lots last year on purpose but the thing is I got myself caught up with gossip with my mates n it completely left my mind at the time that I was fasting and now I'm left to think what all those hours of being hungry were for because I heard backbiting breaks your fast is my fast valid still? Sucks ((

ReputationRep:
    No your fast isn't broken...but you could repent tho

ReputationRep:
    If it wasn't your intention to backbite then its fine and your fast is valid

ReputationRep:
    Backbiting is quite hard, I much prefer the neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Backbiting is quite hard, I much prefer the neck.
    Secret vampire over here!!

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, backbiting doesn't break the fast. Majority of the scholars have agreed to this.
    Pray to Allah to help you try and stop this action Insha Allah. Next time you choose to fast, try and limit spending time with others who you know may frequently carry out backbiting, and instead spend your time doing good e.g. reading Quran so you can get maximum reward.

ReputationRep:
    I like that Muslims do this, but apart from fasting why not refrain from gossiping, drinking, swearing, fighting etc and all the other things forbidden during Ramdan, throughout every single day in your life to make you that better person you are during Ramadan....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, you should avoid backbiting all together, fasting or not, muslim or not.
    Its one of those habits that i personally hate, and i wouldve want people backbiting about me( but im sure this happens, as its ineviatble, no matter who you are) and therefore i dont backbite either, in fact when a friend starts saying something about someone i kindly say, i dont wanna talk about so and so if i do not like them, and if i like them i will try bakc that person up.

Btw i am muslim, and this is just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I will reply on any post a see fit, young person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.