Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone had any experiences of marrying young (below 20), or know any experiences of perhaps family or friends who have?

yep, my cousin got married at 17
    shes got a daughter and is very happy

ReputationRep:
    no one in my family :nah: they all decided to graduate first and then marriage... you cant get married in young age and be dependent on your partner :noway: i would defo get my qualification and job and then marriage in 15 years time i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyone had any experiences of marrying young (below 20), or know any experiences of perhaps family or friends who have?
    Yeah gypsies, I heard they always marry really young. I knew a couple who lived in a caravan in an old decrepit building site outside my local Sainsburys.

a male relative of mine in pakistan got married when he was 18, but to be honest he be honest he acted like a goddamn 30 years old

ReputationRep:
    well theres this girl in another school who is getting engaged at 16 but i forgot when shes getting married

ReputationRep:
    Well, my close friend is turning 18 soon, and she has been with her boyfriend since she was 13, and she actually believes that he is "the one" and thinks she will marry him, fairly young.

Not another relative but I know a person who came from a tribal area near mine who was married since he was 13, the last time I spoke to him he was 17, i know that he wasn't exactly the best husband, he was still a kid at heart, but also thought he was a man, so he became very possesive and controlling

ReputationRep:
    Below 20 is young?? I'm 20, should I be thinking about marriage??? :eek4:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Some girl (at the time 16-17) in my old class wasforcedto marry the guy she got caught having sex with (she was caught by her mother on her mother's bed).

im bumping for OP

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Some girl (at the time 16-17) in my old class wasforcedto marry the guy she got caught having sex with (she was caught by her mother on her mother's bed).
    no way? imagine that! ohh damn poor girl, did she mind marrying him or was she ok with it

(Original post by fatima1998)
    no one in my family :nah: they all decided to graduate first and then marriage... you cant get married in young age and be dependent on your partner :noway: i would defo get my qualification and job and then marriage in 15 years time i guess
    why can't you be dependant on your partner? I get what you mean about getting married young with no qualifications and being completely dependant, so I say get your qualifications, go uni, then get married. Not every women needs to work, it's unfair that women feel pressurised into working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why can't you be dependant on your partner? I get what you mean about getting married young with no qualifications and being completely dependant, so I say get your qualifications, go uni, then get married. Not every women needs to work, it's unfair that women feel pressurised into working
    you cannot predict what is going to happen in future... try to be prepared for the situation... and no one is pressuring women to do job.... all i am saying is to be prepared for the situation that can arise... :cute:

(Original post by fatima1998)
    you cannot predict what is going to happen in future... try to be prepared for the situation... and no one is pressuring women to do job.... all i am saying is to be prepared for the situation that can arise... :cute:
    that's why I say get all the qualification first just in case

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.