The Student Room Group

Do universities look at A-level success rate/Ofsted reports of your college?

My college ofsted report says it "needs improvement"...
Will this be taken into account with UCAS applications because obviously your A-level are kinda dependent on the quality of education you have... and frankly is goddamn awful :/ self-taught all my subjects :'(
I know that Oxford and Cambridge look at the average GCSE results for your secondary school, but I don't know about A levels. I doubt any university would lower their minimum requirements because you went to a 'bad sixth form'.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I know that Oxford and Cambridge look at the average GCSE results for your secondary school, but I don't know about A levels. I doubt any university would lower their minimum requirements because you went to a 'bad sixth form'.

Well.. that was awful too kek.... I guess there's only so much they can do about bad schools :/ Hopefully I'll switch before my second year... but it'll cost me a load of money because I have to get a 30 minute bus every day :/ Then I'll also be switching exam boards for most of my subjects
edexcel to Aqa for maths... AQA to OCR for Physics and OCR to AQA for Computer Science... damn.... is it worth the hassle to try and get all A*'s at A-level?
Bear in mind these are all New Spec A-levels so idk how that works with the exception of Maths
(edited 7 years ago)
Some universities do what's called a contextual offer, where they look at the area you live in and which sixth-form you went to. 1 uni that does this is Bristol. The offer is traditionally 1 grade lower then their minimum requirements.
Reply 4
Original post by Someboady
Well.. that was awful too kek.... I guess there's only so much they can do about bad schools :/ Hopefully I'll switch before my second year... but it'll cost me a load of money because I have to get a 30 minute bus every day :/ Then I'll also be switching exam boards for most of my subjects
edexcel to Aqa for maths... AQA to OCR for Physics and OCR to AQA for Computer Science... damn.... is it worth the hassle to try and get all A*'s at A-level?

You will probably be able to get money for the transport costs from your new sixth form/college

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest