Using highlighters in (English) exams? Watch

Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is it permissible to use highlighters in the upcoming English Language exam? I asked my teacher and he was unsure. I wanted to bring 3 different coloured highlighters for Q1. Thanks!
urbanlocations
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes it is... Well It was for me... 3 years ago.
Kiniun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Perfection Ace)
Is it permissible to use highlighters in the upcoming English Language exam? I asked my teacher and he was unsure. I wanted to bring 3 different coloured highlighters for Q1. Thanks!
Apparently you can use them, but only on the reading text, not the answer paper sheet
M00ND4NC3R
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, highlighters will be allowed. I took some in for my English Lit exam last year
Jakir
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's perfectly fine to highlight your extracts as they aren't marked but DON'T highlight your answers
Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by urbanlocations)
Yes it is... Well It was for me... 3 years ago.
(Original post by Kiniun)
Apparently you can use them, but only on the reading text, not the answer paper sheet
(Original post by M00ND4NC3R)
Yes, highlighters will be allowed. I took some in for my English Lit exam last year
(Original post by Jakir)
It's perfectly fine to highlight your extracts as they aren't marked but DON'T highlight your answers
Alright! Thanks all! I was really nervous because I don't usually use highlighters but for this exam it will be the first time! Hopefully it will come into good use! Anyways, thanks!
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Perfection Ace)
There is nothing in the JCQ (Joint Council for Examinations) examinations handbook to suggest that highlighters are banned from any examinations. However, all English texts being used in the examination must be unmarked before the examination begins. Also, any highlighting on a candidate's response(s) will be ignored.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%