Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between N5 and Higher? Has Higher got the same amount of content, just at a greater difficulty? Or lots more difficult content? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    A bit harder? Maybe. More content? Yes. But if you can handle N5, you can without a doubt handle Higher. It's Adv Higher you should be worried about.

ReputationRep:
    In higher you need to be able to write a lot quicker. You don't get a mark for the quote, so it's already double the work and also the questions may be a bit tricker. However, if you can handle national 5, there's nothing to worry about what it comes to higher and you should be fine. It would be best that you do try and pass N5 with an A or B or you'll be putting a lot of work into higher. As a whole, higher is always gonna be a massive jump from any N5 subject but if you but the work and studying in, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    A bit harder? Maybe. More content? Yes. But if you can handle N5, you can without a doubt handle Higher. It's Adv Higher you should be worried about.
    Tbf I found my AHs easier than highers. I think as you progress in academics you get better at studying and can therefore find things a bit easier (imo anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.